Escape

A little challenge set by @ScienceFiction Write no more than one page with the theme 'Escape'.

~*~

Escape. Easier said than done when the prison is one's own mind.

If there's one thing I've learned from this, it's not to test things on oneself.

The start up sequence is perfected, as is the actual dream stimulator. A fat lot of good either those do when I forgot to check the play functions before slipping the headset on. Blasted auto repeat means the entire sequence starts over every couple of hours. I wouldn't mind if the dream were something akin to a foreign holiday or, even better, the dream dates sequence Rosie was working on before she left. I'd be quite happy to be trapped with her fantasy man. But this? This is endless monotony.

Having full cognitive reflex means I feel what's happening as well as seeing it. At least I can boast the product actually lives up to our proposed advertising slogan: Where Dreams Become Reality.

Out of all the scenarios I could have picked, why did I have to choose a tutorial for dog grooming of all things? Which reminds me, if I ever get out of here, we need to add a bigger selection of breeds. And a muzzle option; that blasted Jack Russell will have my hand off one of these days.