The Agent of S.H.I.E.L.D.

Nick Fury is a man of legend, one I never expected to actually meet.

My dad's met him a few times, though it doesn't sound as if he particularly enjoys running into him. He hasn't told me much about what they actually talked about, but the one thing I did get out of it was that if Nick Fury wants to get in contact, he will find a way.

I'm starting to understand why my dad isn't exactly a fan of the legend.

Fury is kind of a dark and sketchy looking man. In my opinion, he looks more like a villain than the director of the world's most elite organization of agents and heros.

This made the car ride very uncomfortable.

I was surprised to find that Fury was the one driving, and there was no one else in the car. Peter tried to come with me since he didn't want me to be alone with these people. However, they wouldn't let him and I'm really starting to wish they did.

During the first 5 minutes of the car ride, it took everything in me to not send emergency coordinates to my dad. I knew there was nothing he could do, and he probably knows more than me at this point. So instead of giving into instincts, I fumbled tightly with my hands and tried to look anywhere besides the director of SHIELD.

Within the first 5 minutes, he also tried to make casual conversation which made things even more uncomfortable. He quickly realized this and to my relief, didn't try again.

The only thing I knew for sure, was that according to him we were heading back to the Avengers facility.

I'm use to driving between the facility and queens everyday for school. It's about a 30 minute drive, and I typically use that time to get most of my homework out of the way. At this point a 30 minute drive feels like nothing, but with my current situation it felt like several long, agonizing hours.

When we pulled up to the front, I had to refrain from sprinting towards the familiar safety of the facility. When I got out of the car however, I did quickly walk but to my dismay, Nick Fury had no problems keeping up.

When I reached the door I didn't hesitate to throw them open. I walked into the facility, greeted by the familiar large, squeeky clean open area with mainly natural lighting. The only thing that wasn't right, was the many SHIELD agents wandering the halls in armor with weapons at hand.

"Oh my gosh, Alice!" My dad quickly said in a panicked expression. I turned to my left where I heard the voice, and spotted him walking quickly towards me.

Despite all the fighting that happened yesterday, he didn't hesitate to pull me into an embrace, holding me close to him. Normally if I was upset at him, I wouldn't let him hug me. But I was so confused and scared that it was almost as if we had never fought in the first place, and his embrace brought me comfort. 

I didn't want to let him go since I knew that as soon as I did, we would have to face the world once again. In fact if Nick Fury hadn't interrupted us by clearing his throat loudly, I wouldn't have let my dad go.

Some days, I wish my dad and I had a normal life.

Even though my dad had let go of me so we could both face Fury, he still held on to me from the side. His presents alone gave me the confidence I knew I would need for whatever Nick Fury had to throw at me.

"Mr. Stark, why don't the 3 of us talk in some place more private?"

.

.

.

Even though I just met Fury an hour ago, I didn't like sitting in the same room as him.

We went to one of the soundproof conference rooms, and a couple of SHIELD agents guarded the door outside. My dad hates to feel intimidated so whenever he does, he acts like nothing serious is happening. So instead of being hyperalert, he leaned back in his chair.