Civil War (Part 1)

I never imagined my first trip to Austria being this boring.

My dad kept reminding me that we were here for the accords, nothing more. However, part of me still hoped for the possibility that we would see more, and do more.

Getting bored of my dad within the first few hours, I decided to stick with Natasha for most of the trip in hopes that she would make it more exciting.

I was not so lucky.

We made our way through the large building where the meeting for the accords would be, and I realized as we made our way through the squeaky clean halls that the structure and design was actually pretty cool.

Most of the outside walls were glass windows, providing natural lighting for the majority of the building. The windows also overlooked the city, which in itself was a sight to see.

The part that confused me the most as we made our way through the building, was that we had an escort. With Natasha there I didn't think it would be necessary, so I could only assume that it was because I'm Tony Stark's daughter, and that they decided to take extra precautions. 

Now whether it was for my safety or to keep me from wandering off, I don't know.

When we made it to the conference room, I was surprised to see so many people greet Natasha, and for her to handle it so well. 

Although being considered a "child" here, no one paid me much attention.

I wandered around aimlessly, accepting that no one cares about me or who I am here. But for the first time in my life, I felt more exposed by the lack of people trying to talk to me.

The large glass wall behind the podium caught my eye, and I decided to try and get a better look of the city now that I'm not being flanked by security officers. 

When I was within inches of the glass, I quickly realized that looking through it was crystal clear. From that, I could only assume they clean the windows often.

Although seeing how clean the rest of the building is, the window's didn't surprise me.

I looked down at the busy streets as best I could, and was briefly reminded of Avengers tower and the view I had from my bedroom. Although when I got too close, the glass fogged up and I took a step back.

I watched the fog faded slowly, then had an idea.

After purposefully breathing on the glass to fog it up, with my finger I wrote "Alice Stark was here" on the glass, then took a step back. I smiled as I watched it fade, then was startled as someone called my name.

When I quickly turned around to identify the voice I saw Natasha watching me, and could only assume it was her. She waved for me to join her, and I realized she was accompanied by two dark men who were both watching me.

Obediently, I made my way across the room to join Natasha and the two men.

"This is Alice, she's Tony Stark's daughter." Natasha introduced professionally without bothering to greet me.

"It's nice to meet you Ms. Stark, I am glad that you have decided to join us today." The younger of the two said kindly in a thick accent I couldn't quite place.

"Happy to be here." I replied quickly, trying to match Natasha's professional tone.

I know Natasha doesn't want to be here, that she wishes the accords would just go away like all the other Avengers. However, I was impressed by her ability to remain so calm in a situation that makes her so uncomfortable. 

"Alice, this is King T'Chaka and his son, Prince T'Challa." Natasha introduced, catching me off guard. 

I quickly looked back at the two as she introduced them, trying to understand who they are. Everything about them seemed strange but after Natasha introduced them as King and Prince, I was left even more confused. Then, the pieces all fit together.