Birthday Surprise

The week following my short break, I got back into running with Steve in the mornings and training with Natasha every day after school. Surprisingly, I didn't have another panic attack. I was a little more weary of heights though.

I began playing around a little more with my abilities at night, and discovered that it was some sort of a telekinesis. I loved how it lit up my room in the dark.

Last week, I went to Wanda and began asking questions about her abilities. She expressed exactly what I felt in the forest, how she had to push the energy in her body into her abilities. One thing she said that really helped me was that she had to learn to surrender to her abilities and guide it, rather than forcing it. I understood then why her hand movements were always so fluid when using her abilities.

I definitely don't have her mind abilities though, I tried that and it didn't work.

I was laying in my bed at night, and my hands were lit up in the vibrant blue. I noticed that the light was getting stronger and brighter the more I used it and got use to my new abilities. Above me, were all of my pillows that I wasn't using to sleep on floating smoothly through the air. Each one of them was enveloped by the same blue light, though it was a little more faint. I had no idea about where my abilities came from, and part of me was a little scared to know. Like, did my mom experiment on me as a baby? Did my dad do something to make me like this? I had no idea, and I was okay not knowing for a little while. It was my little secret.

"Alice?" A voice said in the dark. I sat straight up and dropped my pillows, which all fell on me or off the bed. The light switched on, revealing Vision.

"Vision! What did we say about doors?" I half yelled, my heart pounding.

"Yes, right, sorry about that." Vision apologized, though he didn't seem all that sorry. "Have you always had these powers?"

Vision looked so innocent and concerned standing there, and I was speechless. My little secret was out. I glanced down at my hands, allowing just the slightest light to come to my fingertips.

"No, I just discovered them last week." I told Vision, refusing to make eye contact. Vision made his way across my room and to my bed. 

"May I?" He asked, referring to my bed. I nodded, and he sat down next to me. "If you don't mind me saying, you seem different." I looked up at him, his kind eyes watching me. For a powerful Synthezoid, he's very gentle.

"How so?" I asked, fumbling with my comforter.

"You're calmer." He replied, surprising me. I thought if anything I'd seem more stressed, but I had been meditating a lot more.

"Vision, can I tell you something?" I blurted out.

"Of course Alice, you can always talk to me."

"I fell off the party deck. That's why I was so sick, I think I was in a little bit of shock." It felt weird to say it. Vision adjusted himself to see me better. He looked even more concerned. "Nobody knew, so nobody came to catch me. Then, this blue light came and I caught myself. I didn't even know I could do that." I watched him carefully, waiting patiently for a response.

"Does your father know?" Vision asked after a moment. I shook my head.

"Honestly, I'm a little scared. What if he's the one who did this to me? Or if my mother did this when I was born?" I asked, my fears coming to light.

"Well if I'm being honest, I don't have all the answers. But I don't believe this is something your father did. I sometimes wonder similar things, like why I have this." Vision pointed to the yellow stone in his head. "What I do believe though, is that we are all chosen to play a part in our ever changing world. Somehow in someway, this is your part. I don't believe it's something you need to fear."