t w e n t y t w o

Start from the beginning

James grabbed my wrists and stared at me. His mouth fell agape, and he got out of bed. "Thought you said it wasn't that serious" James said grabbing his clothes. "That's the same bullshit ass lie that you gave me about Naomi so don't act like you're all butthurt now!" I said getting out of bed taking his clothes from him. James snatched his clothes from me and immediately got dressed.  "So all of a sudden you wanna leave just because I tell the truth? But you've never been the one that's been embarrassed, gotten their ass beat in a club, or left out on the street while pregnant" I yelled in anger as I ripped his shirt off him.

James pulled away from me and grabbed his jacket. "I'm going home aight? Get some rest. You're pregnant" he said simply. James walked out of my bedroom and I could hear the front door slam. I immediately locked the door behind him and kicked it in anger. "Piece of shit father!" I yelled crying. "We don't need him" I said holding my belly and walked towards my bedroom. "We don't need him honey. I'll take care of you all by myself" I said crying as I got into bed. Grabbing my phone, I looked at pictures of Dre and I once more and felt instant remorse for how I treated him. Had I not been so stuck on stupid for James, I could've had a great thing. I went to bed upset, and I couldn't help but feel regret for the trouble I've caused.

James' POV

I arrived at my penthouse angry that Melissa ripped my shirt

I arrived at my penthouse angry that Melissa ripped my shirt. Taking off my jacket, I took off my shirt and poured myself a glass of Scotch. Taking a seat on my couch I was fuming at the fact she threw that nigga up in my face. How dare she? I know I'm out of pocket, but what is it about this nigga that she can't let go of? I just asked her to move in with me and she's still ungrateful. She tells me there's nothing serious going on between them, yet she still brings him up. I checked my phone, no missed calls or text from her. I turned off my phone and finished my glass. I stripped myself of my clothing and got in bed. I was over Mel and her bullshit tonight.

Melissa's POV

It's been a week since I've heard from James and I was starting to think that maybe time apart was the best decision ever

It's been a week since I've heard from James and I was starting to think that maybe time apart was the best decision ever. I was in the middle of straightening my hair when my phone rang. "Hey" I said. "Mel, I uhh... cleaned up the guest bedroom and turned it into a nursery, how soon do you think you could move in?" James asked. I rolled my eyes. "Hello to you too James" I responded. "Look, I don't wanna fight. I just wanna be closer to my son" he pleaded. "Should've thought of that before you questioned if he was your son" I replied. James huffed, "Melissa I'm sorry. Just bring your things and let's make this penthouse a home. I don't want you in your apartment by yourself." He said. "Just bring your clothes and anything else that you can carry, and we'll deal with the heavy stuff later" James encouraged. "I'll think about it" I said before hanging up the phone.