Carley - Chapter Sixteen -

It was a whole month.  MrBeast apologized and gave me $400,000 in British pence for my car repairs and other problems of mine... even though we both live in the US.  I kept the rest of the money.  By now, all the stocks had paid their interests and I sold the stocks, giving me a total of $80,000.  That's the charm of MrBeast.  He even uploaded a video titled "I gave a stranger $400K for hitting his car with a Mitsubishi Lancer - Apology" just for me.

Clementine: What are you going to do with all this money?

Y/N: Pay to have my car fixed so that I don't have to go buy a new one.

Clementine: Then what?

Y/N: Depends on how much is left when it's done.

Clementine: Lee knows of what happened at Louis's house and he supports the decision.

Y/N: Yeah... I thought he would notice sooner or later.  Guess I never thought of what would happen when he did.

Clementine: We don't even know what it's going to be.

Y/N: I wouldn't have the slightest idea.

Clementine: I think it's going to be a boy.

Y/N: Think I should just take the car to a shop or repair it myself with aftermarket parts?

Clementine: Can't trust anyone in this town, can you?

Y/N: Nope.  Barely trust me to not snap my neck from behind myself.

Clementine: I feel you.

Y/N: Yeah...

AJ: Y/N! Clementine! Lee said dinner's ready!

Clementine: What do you think we're eating?

Y/N: Who knows?

We went down to eat.  We had some pizza for the night.  We finished the night by watching some kid's movie for AJ.  I don't even remember what the name of it was.

Clementine: Do you think AJ's ready for a higher rating of movies?

Y/N: I'd give him 'bout 'another year err so.  Why?

Clementine: I wanna show him Jurassic Park.

Y/N: Oh, Jurassic Park? Let him! 1993 R-rating was just the equivalent to today's PG-rating! Same stuff he's watching right now!

Clementine: I meant the whole series.

Y/N: I think he's mature enough to do it.

Clementine: We'll see.

AJ: What's Jurassic Park?

Clementine: It's a movie about some people who build a park for dinosaurs and invite some other people to the island.

AJ: Can we watch it?

Clementine: Y/N?

Y/N: Sure.  Don't see why not.

We started watching it.

AJ: What are they saying?

Y/N: So... you see the guy in the Hawaiian shirt and no hat? He's being hired by that other guy with the hat TO go undercover and sabotage the island for cash.

AJ: Oh!

Y/N: Keep watching.

We got to the end.

Y/N: And that, kids, is why we don't start up crazy dinosaur islands during the 1990s.

AJ fell asleep.  We woke up the next morning.  I started ordering parts online for the car.  There was a problem with a guy and the carburetor I was trying to buy.  It was a bidding war.  The guy went over $1000 so I gave up on the part and let him keep it.  I later found another one for a little over $600.  I bought it.  I finished buying the parts.  Clementine and I went downstairs to eat.  We saw Lee with a woman.  I recognized her.  She used to work for WABE Atlanta until she was moved over to West Virginia.

Lee: Oh, here they are.  Hey, guys.  I was just talking about you.

Y/N: Mornin'.

Clementine: Good morning, Lee.

We made our way to the breakfast Lee brought home.  AJ was eating on it with us.

Lee: This is Y/N.  He isn't very social, but he'll talk to you if you talk to him first.  And this one is Clementine.

Stranger: My name is Carley.

Y/N: Oh?

Clementine: Do I recognize you?

Carley: From WABE Atlanta or WAJR-FM in West Virginia?

Clementine: Both.

Some time passed by, and Lee and Carley announced that they were dating.  We were supportive of this because we wanted them to be happy, just like Clementine and me.

Carley: Hey, Y/N.  Do I remember you?

Y/N: There's a lot of Y/Ns out there.  You could.  I've been interviewed by many news reporters before.

Carley: Yeah, I remember you.  Had a bad case with your uncle, if I remember right.

Y/N: Right you are.

Carley: How is he?

Y/N: Still a regular at the local bar.

Carley: I'm sorry for asking.

Y/N: I live here now.  Far away from the guy who can legally be recognized as my "uncle" and my horrible aunt, who is a regular for the local drug dealer.

Carley: When was our last interview together?

Y/N: I was eight years old.  I was beat by my uncle.  The court took his charm over the obvious facts, and my beatings got worse.

Carley: Sorry again for asking.

Y/N: Hey, you didn't know.