The Bullets -Chapter Ten-

It was about two days after the shooting. Y/N was finally stable enough to talk to.

Clementine: Is he...

Nurse Eleanor: He has four bullets left in him. They don't know how we did it, but they somehow managed to use all the painkillers in the hospital on one person in a two day span --they're out on painkillers, meaning that he's in too much pain whenever they try to remove them. He won't let them call his uncle "David" or his aunt "Jenny". He keeps saying that they'll only abuse him -- the only people he let us call was you guys.

Clementine: Can I... see him... ?

Doctor 1: He should be stable enough to see. Although "should be" seems to be this kid's entire life story in two words...

A/N: Sorry for the GTA V story mode reference.

Clementine: Thank you...

We went to go see Y/N. He was in the hospital bed eating his lunch and watching the CNN-10 news. He turned it down as we walked through the door.

Y/N: Hey.

Clementine: Y/N... I...

I hugged him. He let out a grunt in pain.

Clementine: Thank you...

Y/N: No problem...

I got off of him.

Y/N: I still got bullets inside of me. I managed to suck this state dry of painkillers.

He let out a chuckle at the end of the sentence.

Doctor 1: He isn't letting us operate on him without waking up the entire hospital. It seems like somebody is going to have to be there with him, and none of us know how to comfort this kid.

Clementine: Could I... stay with him?

Doctor 1: We're going to have to operate on him right now. You can stay with him by his side if you think that will help.

Another doctor walked in.

Doctor 2: Are we ready?

Y/N: Anytime, now.

The doctors put up their masks, turned off the TV, and pulled the curtains on us so he didn't get disturbed while screaming his lungs out. I held his hand as they put a shrapnel in his hip. Y/N let out a loud scream, squeezing my hand even harder. They got a bullet out. Y/N had a brief time of not screaming before they dug into him again for another bullet.

Clementine: Don't worry, Y/N... I'm right here...

They finished digging oit all the bullets and stitching him up. It took four hours. It would be another three days before he could relearn to walk again.