1️⃣8️⃣

Charlotte woke up with a pounding headache and a face full of makeup, still in her dress.

She groggily stood up, having no recollection of how she had gotten home, and walked into her bathroom, cleaning her face and stripping out of her dress. After she showered she walked into the kitchen.

Thomas laughed at her appearance as to which she flipped him off.

"You look like shit, no offense," He said with a laugh.

She rested her head on the table and groaned, "I think I'm going to die."

He smirked at her and placed a glass of water and some pills in front of her, making her raise her eyebrows, "You trynna drug me?"

He shrugged, "If you want me to drug you I will, but until then take those so you don't feel like dying."

She swallowed the pills quickly as he laughed at her state.

"I'm going to work."

As the silence over took her after he left her mind automatically drifted to Dylan.

She knew he was the reason she had gotten so drunk the night before, and she wasn't sure how she was feeling about him at the moment.

Three loud bangs on the front door attracted her attention and she jumped quickly, getting a fright.

"Charlotte! Charlotte answer the door!" The voice of Preston shouted. Fear took over her body as she slowly opened the lock and looked at the breathless man.

"What do you want?" She spat.

"It's your brother... it's Conor. He got in a car crash, it was bad, the hospital just called and-"

"Which hospital is he at Preston!?" She shouted, tears already springing to her eyes. Her heart was beating so fast she could hear it over Preston's voice, and she couldn't even hear what he was saying at that point.

She felt a stabbing pain in her heart as he led her down the stairs and into his car, where he pulled out of the parking lot quickly.

Her hands shook on her lap as the drive felt long, too long. "Preston drive faster," she groaned.

He glared at her but applied more pressure to the accelerator anyway. He could sense her nervousness, he was feeling it too, but he knew he wasn't as worried as she was.

"Hurry up!" She screamed, getting more anxious as time went by. He took a deep breath and spoke calmly to her, "I'm getting there as fast as I can okay."

"I have to see my brother!" She yelled. Her voice cracked loudly, making his heart clench, hating seeing her upset.

Eventually they arrived at the hospital and Charlotte sprinted in, rushing to Conor's hospital room.

Preston struggled to keep up with her, but barely managed to grab her shoulders as she tried to run into his room. "Listen okay, there's something I should tell you first, before you go in there," he told her.

She struggled against him, not liking his hands on her, "Spit it out!"

"He's in a coma."

Charlotte pushed pass him and into Conor's room, where she saw him lying in his bed, completely still and lifeless.

She froze when she saw him, unable to move. As she stared at her brother all of the thoughts came rushing to her mind about how she had told him not talk to him, how the only thing he wanted was for her to break up with Dylan and yet she went crazy at him.