EIGHTEEN

To say that Jin and Namjoon got along would be an understatement. They got along so well that I started to think that Jin would be taking Namjoon on our date instead of me.

Earlier when Jin got here, we decided to go for a coffee run since it was so hot out. That and it would give the boys some time to... 'talk.' When we got back, Namjoon was sitting on the couch cuddling his koala pillow, that he named Koya, and Yoongi was in the shower. As soon as we walked in the door, Namjoon's pout turned into a huge smile and he stood introducing himself.

I left them alone for 5 minutes.

5 freaking minutes.

And when I came back downstairs from changing, I found Namjoon and Jin laughing together on the couch. Both of their faces scrunched up from their laughter, and Jin's windshield wiper laugh on maximum volume.

I forgot how  much I loved his laugh.

When I got closer, I realized they were talking about Yoongi...and boy did I not want to be there for when he came downstairs.

It wasn't long after that he joined us, and Jin stood, greeted him warmly, shaking his hand and giving him a hug. The three boys started talking about business almost immediately making me roll my eyes. I decided to go in our back yard, where there was a porch swing and relax.

Relaxing turned into loud thinking, and a few anxieties started to bubble.

What if his friendship blossoms with Yoongi and Namjoon but nothing grows between him and I? What if he doesn't like the woman the new woman I am? What if it turns out I'm the same annoying 'sister figure' he always saw me as? What if this doesn't work out?

I curled my body into the swing making myself as small as possible. I needed to stop thinking so negatively. I'm giving myself a chance to be with Jin, and if it doesn't work out then it wasn't meant to be.

But then all that time I wasted putting my life on hold because I loved someone I never saw anymore.

How pathetic is that?

"It looks like you're thinking loudly again." I heard making me turn.

Jin walked over and sat next to me, his brown eyes locking with mine and his hand landing on my knee. He rubbed his thumb back and forth comfortingly, and I smiled at the sight.

I loved when he touched me like this.

Not sexually.

Not in a flirty way.

Just comfortingly.

"I was, but now I'm not." I smiled. He smiled back and pulled his hand back making me pout slightly. Which made him chuckle at me. "You seemed to get along with Namjoon well."

"Oh yeah, he's a really cool guy." He smiled. "I can see why he's with Yoongi though."

"Whys that?" I asked tilting my head.

"Well he's good looking, for one. Two, he's incredibly smart. Probably smarter than Yoongi; and he's nice. He was very welcoming, and that can be hard considering...well our situation."

I smirked. "I think you are making more of our 'situation' that anyone else is. Just relax. We will start off as friends again and go from there."

"Wait...no date tomorrow?" He asked with big sad eyes.

I rolled my eyes at his reaction. "I didn't mean that. I just mean that these dates will be our way of getting to know each other."

"Oh, right."