Chapter 5, Family

Unknown Dark Forces Controlled Area, Presumably A Base Of Operations, October 16, 2370

~Raven's POV~
It must've been at least a full twenty four hours in captivity. All I had been doing was reading while Zera kept guard of me. I had found out a lot on the Dark Forces culture, species, and history. I was intrigued, I couldn't stop reading. I knew this info might be a tactical advantage, except for finding a weak point, nothing on that. We were still in the pink colored room, I was still a bit on edge, and I still wondered if Firebreak were coming up with a rescue mission. Suddenly I heard a faint boom in the distance, most likely outside. I perked my head up and Zera stood. "Wait here Raven." She disapoeared into thin air. I blinked, obviously surprised. I shook my head and began to search for a way out. I had to find my exo suit as well. With that kind of tech in the wrong hands it wouldn't be good. I tried kicking open the large door, didn't budge. There were no windows either. I kept searching, there had to be a way. I then saw a small trap door above my head, yes! How I would get up there would be difficult. I then looked around the room. I went up against the wall, started sprinting, I jumped up onto a table and propelled myself upward and grabbed the handle of the trapdoor. It immediately opened and I nearly fell, fortunately, I caught myself. I climbed inside and saw it was pitch black, except for very dim lights that must've led somewhere. I began to follow them, not knowing what I'd find. I heard another loud boom which caused the area around me to shake and I staggered slightly but kept moving. Were they coming to rescue me? If so, I had to find my exo suit, and fast. I began to pick up the pace, I found a small dagger on the ground and picked it up. Not as good as a pistol but it'd have to do. I moved silently through the dark corridor, hoping to find my exo suit in this place. I then saw a light in the distance. I carefully moved towards it, not knowing what to expect. I then heard distant gunfire. They had made a rescue mission! I don't know if it was a dumb move or a great plan, all I knew is I had to get moving. I then started running light on my feet, hoping I wouldn't get caught by any guards.

~Sophie's POV~
I loaded my assault rifle and looked at the members of Firebreak that were coming with me to find Raven directly. It consisted of Rose, Sapphire, Vic, and Curtis. They all had weapons ready. I knew that the soldiers that decided to fight with us were real fighters. They were ready for anything. So were we. I went on COMs "Matt! How's that VTOL handling?" Matt replied "She is awesome! I'll be in the air giving them hell while you guys are finding Raven." Diana said on COMs "Sophie, I'll cover you guys from a helicopter with my sniper." I replied "Good, alright everyone! Let's give a blow to them while rescuing one of our own!" The helicopter's side doors opened and I saw a massive castle. I was astonished on where it was, high in the mountains. The Commander chimed in on the chatter "Alright Firebreak. My troops are ready, give 'em hell." I replied "Will do sir." I heard the pilot say "Get ready to jump! We're coming in hot!" I nodded and the fight began while I waited for the green light. Dragons began to exit the castle and take to the skies. There were so many. "Matt be careful. . ." I muttered under my breath. The green light hit and I jumped out of the helicopter and saw I landed not far from a large door. I saw a dragon about to snatch me up before a gunshot rang out and a bullet went through it's eye and it dropped dead. Diana said on COMs "You're welcome. Now find Raven." I started heading with Rose, Sapphire, Vic and Curtis to find Raven. We had the location of his exo suit but it was likely that the Dark Forces took it from him. I kept moving, in perfect formation with the others. It seemed that most of the hostiles were outside at the fight. I then saw a group of Dragons that seemed to be waiting for us. Vic and Sapphire stepped forward. "Go, me and Saph got this." Vic said and leveled his lever-action shotguns "Ready Sapphire?" He asked. Sapphire nodded and replied with "Let there be blood to make a mural." They sprinted forward and started shooting. They would buy us some time. I continued with Rose and Curtis and we came across a large corridor. A dragon with red and black scales, glowing red eyes, and multiple thin horns roared at us. Rose extended the blade on her wrist and grabbed her sidearm. "Curtis, Sophie, go. I'll buy you some time." She said sharply. Curtis and I nodded before Rose sprinted ahead and started a duel with the dragon. I and Curtis moved to a side corridor and kept moving. I then saw a group of Dragons. Curtis leveled his chaingun. "Go save him Sophie, I'll deal with these punks." He said while firing his chaingun "Come at me bastards!" I then kept moving to Ravens exo suit's location. I saw a door and planted a breach charge. It detonated and I leveled my rifle seeing. . . Nothing, except the exo suit on a table. I then saw something crash through the ceiling, it looked human. I leveled my rifle to see who I came for. . . Raven.