Chapter 25

After arriving at the Tower, we all went to a big room with tables, where the other genin who passed were, and I only saw Kiba,Hinata and Shino's team, along with another team from the sand.

I got down from Shizen's back and sat down at a table along with them. After that I started healing some scratches on my skin, and after I did I started to check and heal the boys of any wounds they got earlier.

I healed Shizen first, and then Fuhai second. "So are you feeling any better now , (Y/N)?" asked Shizen who was watching me heal some wounds on Fuhai, "Yes, I am feeling a bit better now, thanks again for carrying me here Shizen" I said while both smiling and still healing Fuhai, and Shizen nodded in response.

After that the three of us talked and got to know each other a bit more, but then I went over to say hello to Kiba and his team and as time went by more teams showed up, most of them from the leaf, I went to the teams I knew from school and said hello to all of them and congratulated them. Although when Shikamaru's team arrived, I froze and avoided going over to them by going to my team and making small talk.

We were all given food and slept at the tower for all the nights that it took for the exam to be finished. And on the fourth day, the boys showed me the mark on my neck and we all agreed to keep it a secret for the time being.

At the end of the duration of five days we were given to find the scrolls, we were all called into a big hall inside the Tower, where all our sensei's and some chunin along with the Hokage and our proctor were. Once inside, we all stood in an orderly and organised fashion.

"Alright, the Hokage will explain the third part of the chunin exams to you all, so all of you pay attention!!,

"Alright, the Hokage will explain the third part of the chunin exams to you all, so all of you pay attention!!,....especially you three" said Anko, and the last part she said while glaring at our team,mostly at Shizen who was at the front, with me behind him, and Fuhai at the back,making all of us sweat drop and say "y-yes ma'am" wryly in unison.

After that, the Hokage began to explain a very dark and twisted history of the chunin exams that shock most of the participants including us. While he explained the whole thing, I felt that stinging pain come back to my neck and instinctively put my hand over the spot while my face started to scrunch up in pain.

When he was about to explain the 3rd part of the chunin exams, a man came and said that there is something he needs to announce before the third exam is explained, after that he turned to look at all of us and said "hello everyone, my name is Hayato Gekko......*cough*, *cough*....And i am here to tell you all....*cough*...that we are going to have a preliminary round". After he said that many of the participants started to look confused, emotionless or surprised.

"The preliminary round will consist of.. *cough*, *cough*....one-on-one battles and we will start now" he said. Many started to complain after he said that we will be fighting now, "but we just barely survived the forest...give us a break already" said Ino, and some other complaints followed.

"Alright then listen,...*cough*,*cough*.....the preliminary consists of one-on-one combat, sudden death...so anyone who isn't in peak physical condition, I suggest you bow-out before we begin-*cough*, *cough*, *cough*, *cough*. "Well he's one to talk, he should 'bow-out' first" Shizen whispered to us.

Then after that someone raised their hand, and then Mr Hayato looked through the participant list and said "Kabuto Yakushi of the leaf, you are free to go", the said man nodded and started to walk off, but Naruto asked him why he was leaving, and that he didn't understand, don't know what he said, but it seemed enough for Naruto, and then after that Kabuto walked away,'I thought I knew him!, but why is his hair a different colour?' I thought. "Alright then, is there anyone else?"

After a while, I saw the others look in the same direction and when I looked too, I saw Sasuke and Sakura having and argument about something while Sasuke was holding Sakura's hand down for some reason. After a while of their arguing, my legs gave in and I almost fell to the ground, but before i did, I felt two arms firmly wrap around my stomach from behind me and pull me into the owner,....their body and firm grip stopping me from falling onto the ground.

"You alright?" asked a very familiar voice, his mouth right next to my ear and his hot breath touching it as he talked. "Y-yeah, I'm alright, the pain just got to me for a bit.....thanks Fuhai....I...i think I can stand up now" I said slightly red from both embarrassment, and how close our bodies are.....that or I'm developing a fever.

"Alright..." he said before his arms began to loosen their hold around me and I stood up straight again, although the pain was still there so I placed my hand where it was before. When I looked around I saw that all the people in the room were still focused on team 7, so they didn't see 'that', after sighed in relief....what is didn't notice though, was that Shikamaru, who was right next to me, was glaring at the scene that he just saw happen and when I stood up straight he looked at team 7....acting like he didn't even notice.

After that Mr Hayato nodded his head to Anko, who spoke into her ear piece, "open the panel" she said. Then the top left panel of the wall behind them opened, "alright, names will be appear at random on that screen, the two people chosen with fight in a one-on-one battle, sudden death.....no holding back. The battle will continue until one of the fighters is dead, I will be the ref of the matches and as such, I will also determine when the match stops, I will also stop the match when one of the fighters is physically unable to continue or when they forfeit the match, we also urge all of you to quit the match before the battle goes too far.

Anyway, when the two names appear on that screen, I want the rest of you,except the two chosen to clear the field and go to the upper level....*cough*,*cough*, that is all" he said and then we all looked at the screen waiting to see the first chosen names........then the names chosen were Sasuke and another person from Kabuto's team. After that, the rest of us all went to the upper level to watch their match.

To be continued......

I am so sorry for not updating for a long time and I hope you liked this chapter, thank you all for continuing to read my story I really am thankful that you all gave me and my story a chance, please continue to support me.....sayonara! Reader-Chan!!!