C H A P T E R - 3 8

Being trapped
in a decaying body
in a money-hungry society
on a dying planet
in a mysterious dimension.

Marietta P.O.V

I hopped out of bed and moved towards the washroom for a shower. After a long time, last night I slept with a peaceful mind. Because I got my hope for both of the world's problems. Antonio was awake and today I would meet him. That book could help us in finding Annabella's weakness.

So, last night was a good one. Besides we discussed till at night about the engagement. Caro wanted a themed party. After canceling different ideas, she concluded emerald color. So we finalized the emerald theme.

Don't forget to mention Mr. Stupid who smiled abnormally all the time. When Liam asked him 'Why are you smiling abnormally?' Guess what he said. He said 'Because I just get an electric shock therapy' Idiot! That made Bre burst into laughter. On another note, we enjoyed ourselves a lot together after so long time.

I picked a bodycon grey pencil skirt with an orange check-line designed top, pairing it with an orange blazer. I tied my hair in a messy bun and let some strands loosely fall on my face. I did my regular light makeup, after looking for the last time in the mirror, I moved out of the room.

After breakfast, I left for work. Today, Darren and I had to select the architecture work, then we would resume the remaining construction work. After it, we would focus on the engineering work and furnishings and the rest of the things. Noting the list in my mind, I reached the location. After parking my car aside, I hopped out of it. Darren was already there so without wasting any time we engaged ourselves with the work.

It was almost afternoon when all the work was done. I came towards my car and leaned over the door. I let out a deep exhaled. I was tired it would be an understatement. Doing business was really tiring, there were so many things you had to keep in mind all the time.

I looked up at the sky. The sun was shining with all its glory, the weather wasn't warm neither cold. My phone rang, when I looked at the caller ID, and a smile appeared on my lips.

"Good afternoon!" I answered the call.

"Afternoon! Where are you?" He replied softly.

"I'm at work. It's almost done." I replied without mentioning Darren's name.

"Good. I'm in your office. We have to meet Antonio, remember? So I thought we three can leave together for the hospital." He said and I slapped my forehead.

"It's ok. I'll meet you directly at the hospital." I mumbled, not wanting to create any scene. God knows why he disliked Darren so much.

Look like he didn't listen to me as I heard the door opening sound and then he said, "I reached Bre cabin. After picking that punk I'm coming towards your cabin." I heard Bre's voice, "But she is not in her cabin."

Oh Great!

"Then where?" He asked. I couldn't understand he asked me or Bre. I saw Darren coming towards me with two mugs in his hands and there was steam coming out of them.

"Right now, she's on-site, working on her project with..." I interrupted Bre, "I'll meet you in 15 minutes."

"No need." Veward said and cut the call. I mentally cursed that jealous king of Europe.

"Here, it will help relieve exhaustion." Darren said smilingly and handed me the hot mug of coffee.

"I hired some extra workers so that the construction work will end in a month. After that, we focused on furniture and medical material and equipment." Darren said and I nodded. While internally I started my count down.