C H A P T E R - 2 4

Marietta P.O.V

The sky was looking so dark yet bright, it was shining. I was looking at stars who were filling the sky with magic. There was always something new to watch in the night sky. Especially, its colors changing in pink, violet, and azure.

Sometimes, there was a moon with stars and sometimes the stars were alone but they never stop shining. But when the moon and stars were together, they celebrate the brightest night of the month.

After so long, I got the chance to enjoy the beauty of the night. Because of the ups and downs of my tragic life, I had forgotten about the little things I loved to do for myself.

I was sitting alone on the roof, looking at the sky.

Two days had already passed and only one day had left. I didn't get the chance to meet him. I had an appointment with him but Mr. Wilson was so busy with his work that he didn't even give me his little glimpse. Wait...he did give me a little tiny one.

When he came out of his office, probably for going home. I tried to talk with him but he said and I quote, 'Once I leave office, I don't talk about business matters anymore.' With that, he left. Too much arrogance, right?

Well at least, very bad for me as my two days got wasted because of his damn busy routine and not to mention his ignoring existence. Now, tomorrow I was going to try my luck. I didn't know what would happen, let just hope for the best. I had already missed two days and now it was like tomorrow or never.

That ring which Mike gave me, I was wearing it in my left hand. I looked at it and started to rotate it on my finger.

That day, he was talking weirdly, his whole appearance was giving me strange vibes. I didn't know... I just felt he was different. I had met him once and it was enough to know a person's personality...maybe... I didn't know but I felt he was being serious whereas he had a kind of jolly personality. Or maybe it was just... I was overthinking.

I again looked up at the sky, sleep was nowhere to hit me. So I decided to enjoy the night sky. I wasn't feeling well for the past two days. Something was not right but I couldn't understand what was it?

After spending the whole night with stars, when the sun rose, I came to my room, took a shower, and get dressed. Picking my bag and phone, I went downstairs to the dining hall.

As expected, Daddy was already there reading his newspaper as usual. Mom was drinking her orange juice while Anna was telling her about today's schedule. While Caro was nowhere to be seen, as usual.

"Good Morning!" I greeted them and sat on the chair.

Mom smiled, "Morning honey!"

Daddy angled his head from the newspaper, looked at me, and said, "Today..." I didn't let him complete his sentence and interrupted, "I know. I won't disappoint you." He just simply nodded and continued to read his paper

"If that Wilson is showing so many tantrums then why are you trying so hard? Just let it be... Find someone else for your project." Mom said to no one in particular.

"Well, this is her test and my condition if she wants to do business. Besides, that's her choice." Daddy said to Mom.

"Whatever. But what if she got failed?" Mom asked, eyeing me worriedly. I looked at Dad and tried to read his facial expressions but of no use.

"We will see it then." Daddy said causally and stood up. Mom watched as Daddy walked out. She sighed and shook her head in disappointment.

"Don't worry. I won't disappoint him." I assured her with a sweet smile and also stood up.