Disturbed Pt. 21

Disturbed Pt. 21

☹☹☹

I pulled away from him quickly, staring up at him. “Why did you do that?” I asked. He looked down at me and cracked a small smile, “I really don’t know why . . . I just felt like doing it.”

I shook my head. “Don’t do that again.”

He frowned, disappointment coated his eyes. He looked frustrated and somewhat sad. “Well, why not?” he asked, with a disappointed expression on his face. He looked down at his feet, avoiding eye contact at all costs.

“Just . . . I don’t know – just don’t do it again, okay?” I argued. He sighed and nodded his head, “Okay.”

“Can we just pretend like that never happened, please?” I remarked. “No,” he retorted.

I furrowed my eyebrows and narrowed my eyes at him. “Why not?!”

“Because that took a lot of balls to do – especially for me, and I don’t want to forget about it.” He looked up at me and shrugged his shoulders. “I’m sorry,” he added.

I sighed. “It’s fine.”

☹☹☹

Justin and I sat on his couch, saying nothing to each other the entire time. It was completely silent, and I’d like to add that it’s killing me. I hate being quiet, especially when Justin is sitting right next to me; Justin always knows how to start up a great conversation, but not today.

 “Justin,” I said.

He looked up at me, connecting his hazel eyes with mine. “Are you mad at me?” I asked.

He shook his head. “I guess not.”

“Umm okay,” I said awkwardly.

Justin’s P.O.V

“So I was thinking,” I began. She looked up at me with a questioning facial expression. “What?” she asked. “Do you remember when I told you about my mother and how I wanted to find her?” I asked. She nodded, nudging me with her elbow, signaling me to go on. “I want to find her,” I said.

Her eyes widened. Was she shocked? Disappointed? Excited? Mad? Angry? Happy? Confused?

I don’t know.

I am not good at reading people, as you can already tell.

“What?” I said, hoping that she would say something. I don’t care what it was, but I am hoping it is encouraging. “That’s wonderful.” She smiled. “Plus, I don’t know how much longer you can live down here without getting caught . . . and getting locked up for murder is something you obviously don’t want,” she added.