"No, we only have it when we're on duty." She corrects me.

"Oh." I drawl out slowly, feigning ignorance. So that day you went to the Dennison residence, we've established that you were on duty, correct?"

"Correct." She says and rolls her eyes again.

"So you had your department issued weapon on you then?"

"Yes." She answers in a harsh tone.

"What kind of weapon does the Los Angeles Police Department issue their police officers?" I ask her and she looks every which way but at me. "Ms. James?" I say after a moment of silence. She still doesn't say anything.

"Your Honor." I look at him and gesture to her.

"Answer the question, Ms. James." He tells her in a warning tone. Her jaw clenches and she finally turns back to me.

"A Glock 22." She says and I can see from the corner of my eye Judge Matthenson's eyes go wide.

"And what type of bullets do these Glock 22's use?" I ask.

".40 caliber." She says poking out her lips and rolling her eyes.

"Much like this bullet right?" I ask grabbing the bag with the .40 caliber bullet off the table and holding it up in front of her. "Is this .40 caliber bullet retrieved from the crime scene, the same bullets the Los Angeles police department uses?" I question her again, my voice louder than before.

"Yes!" She practically screams. The courtroom buzzes.

"Order, order!" Judge Matthenson instructs the court as he bangs his gavel.

"No further questions Your Honor." I say and walk back over to my seat. I look over at Scott, who's shaking his head as he searches through his papers looking for something, anything to help him look less like a fool right now.

"Would the state like to readdress this witness?" Judge asks Scott.

"Um...uh...no Your Honor, not at this time." He says and grimaces. He's all but lost this case already.

After I was done with Amanda, I called Spencer's friends and family to the stand one by one to contest to her moral character.

To paint a picture in the jury's head that would show them that Spencer Dennison, formerly Spencer Carlin was just not capable of murder.

Arthur and Paula Carlin, her parents, spoke of her childhood and how once when Spencer was nine she'd found a barely alive frog by the creek behind her childhood home. And how she wanted so badly to save it, that when her father told her it'd be best if he were to put it out of it's misery, nine year old innocent Spencer cried for a week straight.

Kyla Woods, her best friend, spoke of memories they'd made growing up together and even attending college together.

Aaron Parker, an ex boyfriend from eight grade, who remembered Spencer like they spoke and saw each other everyday, spoke of the kindness and goodness that radiated from Spencer, and that even at their young age back then he knew she would grow up to be a wonderful person.

And then I called Spencer to the stand.

"Do you swear to tell the truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth, so help you God?" The bailiff said, holding out the bible for Spencer to place her hand on.

"I do." Spencer nodded and took her seat. I couldn't help the smile that spread across my face when she locked eyes with my.

"How are you today, Mrs. Dennison?" I ask and she smiles.