Chapter 17

Chapter 17

Nico

The Slytherins were nuts!

I have never seen a group of people so determined to win a competition. And they aren't even the ones competing.

The Slytherins from my year, along with a hand full of the seventh years, were keeping me on my toes. They had manage to ask permission from Professor Snape to use some of the old non potions classrooms in the dungeon. They taught me spells and charms that i have never even heard of.

Thankfully they had finally became human and instead of the drills they've been submitting me to for the past few hours, my yearmates and I now sat in the same classroom with food and sweets from the kitchen as well as books were scattered around us. The older housemates had left to return to study for their NEWTs.

"So how did the other demigods take the whole 'son of death' is the champion thing?"

"Surprisingly, well." I replied "only the non Slytherin wizards seem to have a problem with me being the Greek demigod champion"

"Well you have the advantage," Millicent said "You're probably the only demigod who had wizard powers."

"What about Potter?" Pansy sneered "I saw him talking to that Percy kid. Who knows what they'd teach him."

"It doesn't matter." Draco responded "Potter is just all words and rumors, I haven’t actually seen him done anything truly heroic.”

“I wouldn’t underestimate, Potter though.” I said. “He can be pretty tough if he wants to be. Besides it’s the nice ones you have to look out for. They are usually the ones that are most powerful when they are mad. All you need is a trigger.”

“Speaking of which did they ever tell you what is the first task?”Draco asked

“Nope.” I said “They refuse to tell us anything. But I am sure that they would tell us. Or someone would get a leak at some point.”

“You are not at all worried?”

“The worse that could happen is dying.” I said. “There is nothing to fear of death.  You reap what you sow.  As they say. Unless you have done truly terrible acts, that is.”

“That and the fact that your father is the one who actually judges.”

“The thing with death. There is no Mercy. Only Justice.”

“As much as I would hate to end this sob session, why don’t we finish our reviewing here? Unlike some of you people, some of us want to finish our homework.”

“I don’t have homework.” I commented.

“But you have training.” Millicent said. “So shoo. This is enough training for today. WE can continue the spell training tomorrow.”

“Sure.” I said. “You guys are coming later right?”

“And miss an opportunity to see how you’ve lived for the past few years?” Nico said. “Of course, we’re going.”

“I’m just curious on how you guys are going to pull this off.” Blaise said. “The party was announced this morning. And according to you, this was planned like late last night.”

I smirked. “We have our ways. It’s going to be great!”

~()~

What I didn’t mention to my crazed friends was the fact that there was no afternoon training. So I spent most of the time in my own room in our cabin. I stared at the ceiling of my room reminding me of how my cabin started like. I swear. I can’t believe some of the Hephaestus cabin thought I was a vampire. I am the child of the Underworld. I’m not undead.