“Thanks. Are you gonna tell me what you need to tell me?” I looked at my reflection in the mirror.

“Um…Yeah. It’s about…um… Victoria.”

“What about Victoria?”

“I think you should know that…um… we had a past before I met you.”

I stopped fiddling with my sweater. “What kind of past?” I kind of knew the answer but I just hope it wasn’t true.

“We…um…slept together a few times….”

I turned around to face him. He rubbed the back of his neck. “You and Victoria…”

“Y-Yeah… She’s been trying to get me back ever since and right now she’s looking for you to tell you but I wanted to tell you first…”

“How…um…” I swallowed the lump in my throat. “How long ago was this?”

“I ended it a few days before I met you. I don’t know why I can’t remember you that day, but the guys keep telling me about that day. I really didn’t mean for this to hurt you.” I nodded my head, tears threatening to come out of my eyes if I say something. He walked towards me but I felt myself step back.

“Just answer me one thing,” I finally said after the silence.

“Anything.”

“Did she mean anything to you?” I kept my eyes to the ground, afraid of his answer.

“Babe, of course she didn’t. I felt alone. The guys had someone and I was left by myself. Even Harry had someone then. Zayn has Perrie and Liam had Dani and Lou has Eleanor. They would leave me by myself some nights and I felt like I needed someone. I met her in a club and that’s how it happened. She was nothing but a hookup, not even a girlfriend of mine. She said she didn’t need to be one.”

“But you still did it.”

“Do you know that feeling where you feel alone? Like there could be thousands of people around but you’re still alone?” I nodded my head. Of course I knew that feeling. “That’s what I felt.” He stepped closer to me but I didn’t back up. I really couldn’t since there was a mirror behind me. His hand reached out and grazed my face, lightly lifting it up to look into his sky blue eyes that had tears in them as well. “I don’t want to lose you, Lilly. You’re the best thing that’s happened to me. I’m happier than I’ve ever been with any girl. There’s just something about you that’s inviting, that brought me to you. And now that I’m with you, I can’t imagine myself without you. I love you so much, it hurts. It hurts so much Lilly.” A tear slipped out of his eye and I felt myself reach up and kiss it away. I can’t live without him either. I love him too much. “Please, Lilly…Please don’t leave me.”

I nodded my head, unable to speak as I stood on my toes and wrapped my arms around his neck. He wrapped his arms around my waist, pulling me towards him. We cried into each other’s shoulders; nothing had to be said. I couldn’t really be mad at him because this happened before I was in the picture. I could never be mad at him or hate him for that matter. That’s just how these things work.

“Are you guys done making babies in there?” Of course it was Louis.

“Way to ruin everything Louis,” Niall called behind him. He looked down at me. “You okay?”

I nodded my head. “Yeah.”

“Then let’s get you out of here.” He pulled the sweater over my head and replaced it with what I was wearing before. He took my hand and led me out of the changing room.

“So….,” Louis pressed on.

“I’m gonna get the sweater.”

He engulfed me in a hug. “Oh yay!”