50- I Don't Know

"Gege, our children will come before the full moon."

"That great!" The emperor pinch her cheek.

"We should bring them here too!" The empress is very excited.

"Sure.. sure.."

The empress is sitting facing the river. The water is clear blue. Colorful fishes swim around the river, making it so much livelier.

The emperor walks closer to the empress, inspecting her from the distant. This is it. Seeing her smile like this is all he ever wanted. If he can retire early and live his life here with her how awesome will it be.

"Niao Niao." He calls

"Eh?" The empress looks up, confused. Why would the emperor calls her that.

"This emperor loves you."

"..." What is he even talking about? What's with his wording.

The emperor smiles sweetly at her, making her uncomfortable. She frowns.

"This empress is very grateful to receive the dragon's love." She says finally.

He smirks meaningfully at her. The emperor thinks that her pouty mouth is cute.

The confused empress can only smile half-heartedly.

The emperor walks closer and cups her cheeks. He is on his knee holding the empress's hand.

"Then shall we go to the dragon chamber, empress?" The emperor intentionally using honorific to mess with her.

"..." the empress glares at him.

"What? You refuse this emperor's request?" The emperor acts like his heart hurts.

"It's not even noon yet!" The empress protest.

"Oh no! This is the second time someone refuse this emperor."

"Second?" The empress frowns again, she doesn't mean to turn him down. But who could possibly dare to refuse the emperor?

"Yeah."

"Who?"

"You."

"Huh?"

"I asked you to drink tea with me."

"..." oh she remembers. "I'm sorry." The empress feels bad.

"You are forgiven!" He smiles sincerely at her. And then pulls her into a tight hug. "Let's stay like this forever." He kisses her temple.

"Let's make it once." The empress decides. "I won't turn you down today."

"Huh?"

"Let's go."

"Where?"

"To the dragon chamber." She smiles and walk pass the emperor.

"Eh?" The emperor stands still. He was just kidding actually. It's too early!

The empress stops when she sees that the emperor is not following her inside.

"Is the emperor refusing this empress's request?" She uses the same tone like what he said earlier. The empress raised her eyebrows provocatively.

"This emperor doesn't dare to." He giggles and follows her inside.

______

"I have never thought that I would be able to feel it. Love." She smiles at the crown prince, an honest smile.