9- Secret Admirer

Today's my birthday yay! And I also started my national examination which I probably fail. Idk what to do anymore.. but here enjoy...

"Empress, let this servant dress you." Mumu said.

"Okay."

The empress wears a red hanfu with gold Phoenix embroidery at the centre. After putting her heavy crown and shining hairpins the empress is ready to go.

An empress and higher ranked Consorts don't wear very thick makeup, they care about skincare and health more.

When he emperor arrived at the harem house they walked to the hall together.

The empress saw Consort Hua keeps on talking about her child, Consort Wei who talks about her Clan achievements. Other two Consorts who dress to impress the emperor. Was she the same as them? Trying so hard to get the emperor's affection? Seeing it now makes her disgusted. This noble women, act like they are flowers of prostitution house.

Young concubines practice so hard for this very moment. Dreaming that they might get the emperor's attention. They are all the same. She was also the same. Until she let him go, until she gave up.

The empress peeked at the emperor face, trying to see his expression. But she finds none. This bastard! He doesn't even appreciate their hard work!

The festival finished right before midnight. The emperor and empress now will have bed together according to the tradition. So they go to the dragon palace.

The room is decorated grandly with candles and flower petals. The scent is very seductive. The empress already strips down but the emperor is still in his full formal wear. If this is not a disgrace-

"Lets sleep." The emperor stated as he takes off his outer robe.

If you are imagining anything, no. Sleep, like it's literal meaning. What do you expect? The empress asks herself. She lays down facing up. starring blankly at the ceiling.

As the night go darker, and her sleepiness take over. Right before she goes to her unconscious state, she realise: it was always like this, their relation is only as the emperor and the empress. Never more. She was so stupid for loving him. And then she closes her eyes and sleep.

_____

The emperor didn't sleep that night, because he is afraid. He's afraid that she will run away from him. Because somehow, he feels like he's losing her.

The empress is so cute when sleeping. The emperor giggles soundlessly. He sleeps on his side to see the empress clearer. He pokes the empress's cheeks, and smiles satisfied.

He touches her eyebrows and outline her beautiful features. He doesn't want to sleep, because it will waste this opportunity to see his wife. The empress is his wife, but he can't simply call her every night. In order to save her, he must stay away from her.

The sun rises, and the emperor damned because he wants more time with her. It is just once a year!

He finally kisses the empress and left the room. Leaving the empress alone.

When the empress wakes up, she doesn't see the emperor. But she's not surprised. If she's still the old person, she will be hurt. However this is a brand new person. And she has decided to forget about him.

__

Flashback 3 days ago when the princes visited The Dragon Palace...