47-Love in Her

"My lady, there's a lantern festival tonight. Would the consort wants to see?"

"Lantern festival?" The Consort is interested.

"Yes, my lady."

"Sounds good! But why suddenly there's a lantern festival?"

"Actually my lady, the festival is an annual event celebrating the Jia Ju holiday. It's just that the consort was never interested." Tutu explains.

"I'm interested.."

Tutu can only shakes her head.

_____

That is Consort Hua?

She is so different with what he thought. A cunning and heartless woman. Yet the royal who stood before him seems so innocent. And she's not afraid to get dirty and wet, that's mean she not that proud nor arrogant. The information he got contradicts with the fact that he just saw.

Ckckck I shouldn't think about it too much.

The Crown Prince of Lian pulls out his flute and starts playing melodies of his mother's favorite song.But the big rains and wind are not allowing the beautiful music to have its moment. 

So he stops. He stares at the rain. Now he wants to play under the rain because of Consort Hua. He wonders how does it feels?

He smiles. Consort Hua is just a little girl.
And then he frowns. The crown prince remembers that today the emperor will bring the empress to Shan Mountains. To the cottage that he built for her. Lian Tian sighs.

It's time to let go.

Because he knows that the empress is happier with the emperor.

He walks back to his chamber. The rains still pouring heavily. The closer he is to the inner palace the more people he sees.

Some servants are carrying big lanterns and walks hastily to the main garden. Maybe they haven't finished the decorations yet. He lost interest and just walks to his chamber.

"Why are they still going to hold the lantern festival if it's raining?" He asks his servant.

"This servant heard that this is a very important festival, so they will hold it no matter what your majesty."

"Then why do the emperor and empress leave today?"

"Hmm..." the servant do know what to answer.

"Don't worry, it was not for you to answer." The crown prince says, sipping his hot green tea. His eyes stares blankly through the rain. Perhaps it's his broken heart, or the rain just suddenly becomes interesting.

"Let's go."

"Huh?"

"Tonight, let's go."

"Where Your majesty?"

"To the lantern festival."

"If this lowly servant can gives his humble opinion, that may not be the best idea your majesty."

Lian Tian shifts his gaze from the rain to the servant. He just realizes that in Zhang Kingdom everyone is very concerned about ranks, Palace rules and being extremely polite. "I know." He finally answers.

"But maybe I can find out about something interesting."

"Something interesting? Like what your majesty? This servant couldn't figure."

"Like a girl who loves the rain." He smiles.

"Huh?" The servant even more puzzled.

"Or a misjudged villain." He walks out to the rain.

______

"My lady, the rain doesn't seems will stop anytime soon.."

The consort frowns, "that's too bad." She stares outside.

Tutu knows she needs to lights up the mood. "My lady, would you take a bath in rose water or milk?"

"Rose."

"Zhi."

"Wait!"

"Yes My lady?"

"Forget it, let's just go."

____

Just like what she guessed, there's not many people at the festival. That's good, she doesn't plan to follow any rules today. The consort smiles, it's perfect.

She walks further where there's no one to see her.

"Tutu, you can go back. I need time alone."

"Zhi"

The lanterns are beautifully made. Consort Hua is smiling by herself. This is so beautiful, but it's the first time she goes there. And probably her last.

From the distant she saw a man coming closer. His walk is composed and manly. Could it be, him?

She tries to focus to the guy, moving closer unintentionally.

"Consort?" He asks

It's him.

"Crown Prince of Lian."

"That's me." He smiles.

She lowers her gaze. Her chest doesn't feel comfortable.

They spend the next hours walking and talking around the lanterns.

Consort Hua stares at the guy next to her. If she can have one wish, she wants to stay here, at this moment forever.

"Consort Hua are you okay?" He sees her uncomfortable expression and asks her.

"..."

"Consort Hua?"

"I'm not." She answers lightly.

"Huh?" People usually answer that they are okay. It's like an automatic response to that question. But she said no, it makes him confused.

"Crown prince, I'm not okay." She says, looking straight at his eyes. "I'm dying."

"..." he could not understand nor say a word.

She smiles bitterly.

"What does Consort Hua mean?"

"In a week. If I'm lucky, a month." She walks away from him.

The crown prince frowns. He still doesn't understand and tries to think about it. He stands still for a few seconds.

"Crown prince." She calls him.

"Yes."

"If you are not busy tomorrow, come to my palace for a tea."

_______

Consort Hua arrives back at her chamber, greeted by her servant.

"Prepare tea for tomorrow."

"Is someone visiting us my lady?"

"Maybe."

Tutu frowns. She gathers courage to question Consort Hua,
"What makes my lady likes him?" The servant asks.

"What do you mean?"

"The crown prince. What's about him that my lady likes?"

"..."

"My lady?"

"Maybe it's the way he talks, or the way he sees the world. His presence makes me feel.. something."

Love. The consort had surely fall in love. Tutu just wish that consort Hua won't get hurt.

"Tutu" she calls.

"Yes my lady."

"I don't want to die." Her eyes are watery. Consort Hua tries her best to not cry. "I want to stay here."  But it seems like it's too late to change her mind.

Thanks for reading!

Have a nice day..