ch. 30 || sober

XXX. sober

▬▬▬

[Zayn's POV]

After finding out Thalia was in Paris, I decided to take some time off work to go find her. Naturally.

At 1am sometime in early December, I phoned Louis and then Danny. "Zayn, what the fuck?" Louis groaned down the phone.

"Sorry Lou, I just need your help." I asked desperately.

Louis groaned again. "If you're phoning for girl advice you can fuck right off."

Biting my lip, I sighed. "Look, I'm coming over. Right now." And ended the call.

Don't get me wrong, I loved Louis, and I knew he needed his sleep, but the sooner Thalia forgave me, the sooner he could get back to sleep.

-

I ended up inviting all five of my best mates over: Danny, Louis, Liam, Harry, and Niall. I arranged for us all to fly to Charles de Gaulle airport the following day, so they really couldn't say no.

"It'll be fun," I assured them as we all bit into large slices of pizza, my best bet as persuading them to take a roadtrip with me. Look, I loved Thalia, and I hated being alone. If I was going to get to her house, isolated in some part of Paris which I did not know, only to be rejected, then I at least needed my best mates with me to support me.

God, I was sweating just thinking about it. What if Thalia never forgave me? I mean, she was renowned for her moodswings. If she were to reject me, on the steps of her own front door, then I think my heart would just shatter...everywhere...very messy: I would cease to exist.

"So, whereabouts is her house, then?" Niall said between mouthfuls of pizza.

Scratching my neck, I bit my lip. "You see...uh...I don't know."

Louis slapped me on the back of my head and I noticed Liam shaking his head in disappointment. "You don't know? Zayn, man, how do you expect to find her in Paris? You can't even find your other sock!" Louis pointed to my feet.

He was right. The boys had arrived at mine so early that I'd simply rolled out of bed, one sock lost somewhere in between my blankets. He was so right.

"Siri might know," I offered hesitantly.

Harry laughed. I don't know why because Louis looked like he was about to rip my head off my shoulders.

Everyone turned to Harry and he stopped laughing. "It's just...funny." He explained.

I rolled my eyes and decided that my best bet would be to phone Dana.

-

"Why would I give you her address, Zayn?" Was one of the nicer things Dana said when I told her my plan.

"The reason she escaped to France was to get away from you, Zayn. Let her have this."

I sighed. "But I don't want her to forget me."

After a few moments of deliberation, Dana seemed to thaw a little. She exhaled and then said; "If I give you her address, you've got to do something for me in return, since my neck is on the line for doing this..."

"Anything. Absolutely anything."

"I've got a party thing at uni in a week's time. Perhaps you could buy me the dress."

"Dana, I-"

"Uh-huh." Dana interrupted. "Maybe you didn't get the message. Buy me that dress, and I'll get you to Thalia. Please." Dana almost sounded sincere, but I could still sense her obvious disdain for me.