Episode 1.15

~Big appreciation to Gl1tchedP1xel  for the amazing fan artworks!~
Nekros awoke the next morning with motivation, a rare luxury he hadn't felt in a very long time. After a lovely chat with the mundane human-football player-student thing the previous night, he had returned home to find a letter in his personal room delivered by Pam.
    Lovely Pam...
The letter was a summoning, an order to attend a meeting today, a convention put on by the Council of Elders, the highest level of supernatural government globally, in Las Vegas where the Heads of every sanctuary and other clan leaders, such as werewolf Alphas or vampire Supremes, appear to discuss any conflicts or important news. The promise of a paid hotel room and a night of fun after in the Sin City was one reason why the Council was able to attain almost near-perfect attendance.
Odd, it's usually held in October.
This time, the meeting was to be held in the MGM Grand at 7PM in a bought out nightclub. Putting on his tightest skinny jeans and a Dunhill leather jacket, as well as making sure his hair was just the right level of messy, he contentedly proceeded to shadowstep to the hotel. Nekros grinned, always enjoying this method of travel. It was a gift that Dremora wasn't able to perform; as long as Nekros knew or could see a location shrouded in darkness, he could will his body to become one with a nearby shadow before transporting himself to his desired destination.
Picturing an abandoned janitorial closet he last saw in the previous convention within Planet Hollywood's 16th floor, Nekros silently melted into the darkness of his room, his vision turned to nothing. A cold, creeping chill always accompanied the beginning of the trip, as the shadows, which are quite alive despite popular belief, enveloped his body and soul like a protective cocoon, but Nekros didn't mind it. On the contrary, he quite enjoyed the sensation...the sensation of being held tightly.
Within the timespan of a few seconds, Nekros opened his eyes to find his vision had returned. Looking around, the unused closet looked undisturbed since last year. Peeking out of the small door openings to make sure nobody was walking around to witness a darkly-dressed teenager-looking kid suspiciously walk out of an employee closet, Nekros discreetly made his way to the floor's elevator.
The ding of the bell came quite quickly, as Nekros awkwardly stepped into the confined capsule where two redneck-looking parents and their two children looked at him funnily.
"Momma," the little boy of no more than 6 said, "is he wearing black nail polish and lipstick? I thought you said boys couldn't wear those things?"
"Daddy, I want earrings like his!" the younger girl exclaimed, inspecting Nekros' piercings.
"Um..." the mother looked uncomfortable at her son's question.
"Got a problem?" Nekros eyed her.
"Ahem...um...no..." the mother awkwardly looked around to supposedly read a very interesting advertisement posted in the elevator about a magician's performance.
When the bell dinged again at the lobby floor, the two parents briskly rushed their children out and away from this scary stranger who had an unique-but-questionable fashion choice. Nekros soon stepped into the loud, booming lobby floor, the numerous machines and the music of various clubs made this place feel alive, as if it never went to sleep.
Humans...they never cease to impress me with this ingenious system of promoting endless gambling.
Finding the nearest exit onto the streets, Nekros was glad that the distance between Planet Hollywood and the MGM was only a quick walk down the Vegas Boulevard. With the sun setting closer and closer, the more people came out to enjoy the nightlife...

Diana was extremely flustered after her recent conversation with Reagan Smith; the man was taking advantage of her son's situation! Deciding to give the Smith family until midnight tonight to locate her son, knowing that sometimes teenagers do stay out late, Diana decided to go home via taxi and fix up the Ferrandian house.
Reynor being gone...is like a dream come true!
Thanking the taxi driver for his speediness, Diana tipped the man generously as she held her breath in, taking in the sight of her house. It was obvious that Reynor hadn't cared to take care of it. The grass was overgrown and the weeds were spreading; the flowers were wilting and dying away ever since Reynor refused to spend extra money on watering them.
I'll need to do a new paint job as well...wait, that's odd, they must've forgotten to tow away Reynor's disgusting run-down car. That reminds me...I'll need to gas the house of pests...a brand new start isn't going to be cheap, Diana...
Taking a deep breath, Diana stepped to the front door. It had been months since she had set foot in this house. It had been years that she suffered in this house. And today, she planned, hoped, that she would be ending those bad days. Thus, Diana opened the door with her keys...