"What did you see out there to change you this much?" Kakashi said, more to himself than anything.

"I don't know.... I don't know why I'm such a downer on the mood.... I should just go find somewhere to crash," I said standing up.

"You don't have to go," Anko said, piping up from Gai's arms.

"I ruined the mood, being all depressed. I'll catch up with all of you soon. I need to get myself used to being around people again," I said, making sure I have everything and heading for the door.

"Take your time, Hikari. We're always here for you," Iruka said with a small, reassuring smile.

"Goodnight everyone," I said, giving a small smile back, and leaving the bar.

After being alone for so long and drinking on my own to drown my sorrows, drinking with them wasn't as easy as I thought it would be. The later it got, the worse my mood seemed to get, and it wasn't fair on them. They were so happy to see me, and yet my hangups suddenly surfaced and ruined the whole evening.

I started walking down the street, lighting another smoke. A inn would have to be where I slept, since Tsunade and I were going to discuss where I live tomorrow. Reading the signs that went by in case one was an inn, I took my time in wandering.

"Hey gorgeous," an unfamiliar voice called out.

"Looking for a good time love?" a different one called. I glanced over to the source of the voices, and saw two shinobi - likely only Chunins - stumbling over with sake bottles in their hands. I turned enough that the hitai-ate around my waist was visible. They froze when they saw it.

"Gentlemen, I suggest going home before  you make a serious mistake," I said firmly, not in the mood.

"S-sorry Ma'am!" one said as they quickly walked away.

"Ugh, men...," I grumbled, resuming my walking. I managed to find an inn shortly after, but they were fully booked and had to turn me away.

"Hikari!" I heard a voice call my name as I stepped out of the inn. I turned to see Kakashi walking over, hands in his pockets.

"Kakashi? You aren't drinking with everyone anymore?" I asked.

"Iruka had to leave and I felt like a third wheel," he said with a sheepish chuckle. I giggled at this.

"Shouldn't you be heading home then?"

"I am," he said with a shrug. I raised an eyebrow.

"Your apartment is in the opposite direction," I said, frowning.

"That apartment had some structural damage discovered during a maintenance check, so I moved," he explained.

"Ahh, that makes sense." He looked at me for a minute, clearly in thought.

"Why don't you come over?" he asked.

"Now?"

"Yeah."

I laughed slightly. "Is that really appropriate?"

"How is having a friend over innappropriate?" he asked, giving me a smirk.

"A friend who was trying to drink way too much just an hour ago," I said, shrugging.

"That's besides the point. Come on," he said, and started to walk.

"Oh fine," I said, rolling my eyes and following him. A small smile spread across my face.

*#*#*#*

I looked around Kakashi's new place. It was practically identical to his old place, and all the furniture was the exact same as it was a year and a half ago.