☆゚.*・。゚the bored earth girl☆゚.*・。゚

drop after drop the water runs down the dirty window.
my professor is talking - i vaguely remember being in english class - but everything turns into white noise in my head.
it all seems so pointless to me, waking up everyday and going to
college classes just to tune out all day because no subject sparks my interest.

not that anything that has something to do with the everyday life does, for that matter.
living like common people sounds like hell to me, yet i have to endure it every single day.
is there really nothing more life has to offer for me?

the pavement beneath my feet is glossed over with the rain as the clouds seem to pour down all the water of the earth on my city.
i listen to the light sounds of the droplets hitting the asphalt, the grass and the trees, which are coloured in the most fantastic way since it's already october.
another pointless, painfully boring day is over, another day closer to my lonely death.

the door closes shut behind me as i slumb down on the couch, exhausted even though i haven't done anything today. i suppose it's true that you get more tired when you do something you don't enjoy.

i get up and turn on the coffee machine.
a sigh escapes my lips as i realize that this is my tenth cup of coffee in the span of twelve hours.
i sink down on the windowsill and look at the still somewhat busy city, the dark clouds and rain making the neon signs and cars look brighter and more vibrant. a beautiful sight.

after entering my bedroom, i sit down on my office chair to do the dreaded homework that i don't even care about.
but my opinion doesn't matter anyway since i'm financially dependant on my parents, who care too much about college and would be furious if they knew that i don't give a fuck.

the hours pass by and i decide to climb up the ladder to the rooftop, just like i do on most nights.
the cold air that smells like wet earth hits my face and i take a deep breath.
i settle down on the blanket i brought with me under a ledge as that's the only dry spot on the roof.

my gaze wanders around the vast sky, taking in the beauty of nature.
i've always loved starry nights since star-gazing is my favourite thing to do and one of the only things that bring me joy.
it makes me feel like i'm not just a tiny pudding-brain but actually part of something much bigger than even the earth. something that was there long before i was born and will still be there long after my demise.

suddenly, there's a bright flash on the other side of the roof.
i quickly stand up and cautiously walk towards the object.
or is it even an object?
as i come closer, i get more and more unsure.
it looks like a golden, floating sphere and it pulsates just like a heart.
a soft humming that seems to come from the ball of light fills my head, drawing me in.
i couldn't help it, i had to lean forward and touch it.

upon coming in contact with my skin, the golden light shoots towards me and i take a step back - a moment too late, i am already completely surrounded.
my heart is hammering against my chest, adrenaline shooting through my veins, making me feel really, truly alive for the first time in so long.

as fast as the light came it leaves again, exploding into millions of tiny golden shards that rain down on me like glitter.
before my brain could even begin to put together what just happened, something or someone falls down incredibly fast and hits the rooftop right in front of me with a loud thud.

the landing caused dust to fly up in the air, hiding what- or whoever fell from the sky. it clogs my lungs and i cough so much that my throat starts burning.

as the smoke settles down, a big dent in the ground gets revealed and in the middle of it, a young woman with short blond hair and wearing bright coloured clothing lies.
i get closer thinking she is unconscious but her eyelids flutter open after a few seconds.
"wow, what a ride! i have not done that in a long time!", she exclaims as she jumps to her feet.