Moving On & Moving Out

Start from the beginning

And since I don't have enough time to write down a list that'll dispute the one you're most likely making up in your head of why you're happy with her, I'll just leave you with this; I want you in my life Steven, but what I want more is for you to want to be in my life. Find me when you figure out what you want. And if I don't hear from you in two weeks, I'll respect your choice. I'll leave you alone and let you live your life.''

Mariana finishes reading the paper out loud and looks at me with suppressed rage in her eyes.

''Can I have it back now?'' I ask her. She balls up the paper, tossing it to the ground as she storms from the kitchen.

''Are you ready to head out then?'' I ask, following behind her. I hear a scoff float into the air.

She enters the living room, grabbing her purse off of the couch.

''I'm going by myself,'' She says, slinging her jacket across her arm and heading for the door.

''Like hell you are, just because you invaded my privacy and hurt your own feelings in the process doesn't mean I'm going to let you take this moment away from me.'' I tell her seriously, walking ahead of her and blocking her path.

''Well I don't want you there,'' She yells at me. She takes a deep breath, bringing her hand up to her forehead to rub in an irritated manner. ''Look I'll tell you the gender when I get back, okay? I'll even take a video for you, just give me my space today.''

''No, what the hell is your problem?'' I demand.

Yeah, I get that her feelings are hurt but she did that to her fucking self. And honestly these mood changes of hers are getting harder and harder to deal with on the daily.

It's like she's already pissed at me for ending our engagement but on top of that there's added pregnancy hormone rage and it's become suffocating.

''Who is she? Who wrote that letter to you?'' She demands.

''It's none of your business,'' I tell her.

''If you think she's about to be playing step-mom to my child then it damn sure is my business!''

''Oh my god!'' I yell out, exasperated. ''It's none of your fucking business! Okay? Whatever or whoever I do with my time now, it's none of your business.''

She finds any and every little thing to fuss about and just goes there with me. It's been like this for the past couple of weeks and I thought that I could just stick it out for the duration of her pregnancy but I can't.

I can't deal with this.

I'm at my tipping point with this entire situation and I'm just about to pack up all my shit and move out.

I keep allowing myself to believe that if I'm not tethered to her throughout this entire process that it's going to make me seem like a bad father, but no.

Clearly, we need our space from each other.

Her picking a fight with me everyday isn't good for her, our child, or me. Neither of us can benefit from me living with her any longer.

''I'm moving out,'' I tell her, walking past her and grabbing my coat from the hook. I open the front door, turning around. ''You're not taking this moment from me, and I'm not about to stand here yelling about it, so let's go.''

She releases a strained sigh from her lips, shoving past me. I shake my head, closing and locking the door behind me.

We climb into the car and I make the drive to the doctors' office a quick one.