Chapter 19

My eyes open to find the familiar space of Elliot's bedroom. His bed is still as comfortable as I remember as I snuggle deeper into its warmth. I realize that instead of my own clothes, I'm dressed in another one of Elliot's shirt and a pair of his boxers. I can't help myself as I breath in Elliot's scent. I don't realize that I'm not alone until I hear a familiar deep chuckle next to me.

Popping my head out from underneath the covers, Elliot sits perched in a chair next to the bed. He looks tired as he stares down at me. I push myself up, pulling the covers with it.

"What happened?" I ask, my voice raspy from sleep.

Elliot leans forward, his elbows resting on the bed, "You don't remember?"

Suddenly, everything comes rushing back. Jacob coming to my house. Jacob knowing things he shouldn't have known. The fight. Elliot showing up and saving me.

I leap up from the bed, practically jumping across the room. "Jacob! He was responsible for all of it! He-" My chest rises up and down as a panic attack creeps around the corner.

Elliot quickly rushes towards me and pulls me into his arms. His presence instantly calms me, a sense of relief fills my entire body. I relax against him and he pulls me to sit on the bed.

"Where is he? Jacob. I remember you stabbing him, but what happened?" I pull back far enough to look at Elliot.

His jaw clenches at the mention of Jacob and he drops his head, "I thought he was dead, but when we went to leave to bring you here, he was gone."

Wariness laces my voice, "Gone? So he's still out there?"

Elliot brings his eyes up to meet mine, "Yes, but don't worry," His fist clench as he speaks, "I will hunt him down and I will kill him for what he's done. I will make him pay for everything he's done to us."

His anger scares me, so I place my hand over his. "Don't. We will not stoop down to his level," I give him a light kiss, "He's gone, and that's okay. If he comes back, we'll take care of it, but right now, he's not our problem."

He smiles at me and we move ourselves farther up on the bed. We lay together in silence for what feels like hours, but I have to move when my bladder can't take it anymore.

After freeing my full bladder, I wash myself up. Expecting to find a black and blue face, my normal blue eyes stare back at me. My skin is perfect. No cuts or bruises anywhere in sight. Pulling up Elliot's shirt, I check my stomach and it's the same. I have not a single trace of the altercation with Jacob. Looking down at my wrist, I distinctly remember the sound of bone snapping when I was thrown over the counter. I give it a good shake, practically slinging it around, but I feel no pain like before. I'm completely healed.

Running back to Elliot's room, I stand at the opening of his door and wait. He looks up from his phone, smiles at me, then goes back to whatever he was doing. I keep standing there, waiting for him to notice.

After a minute, he looks back up at me, "What?"

I move my hands to indicate at my body, "Look at me!"

He smirks, "I am. Fucking sexy."

Rolling my eyes, I groan, "No! Look at me," I spin around in a circle, "No cuts. No bruises. No broken bones. It's like nothing happened."

Elliot laughs at my reaction, "I told you. Everyone picks it up eventually."

I look down at myself again, still amazed that I actually healed myself. I'm awesome.

A hear a set of footsteps coming behind me and suddenly I'm being suffocated by none other than Rebekah.

"Oh my god. I'm so glad you're okay," She squeezes the life out of me as she mumbles against my hair.