Chapter 5

I take my time while heading back to my locker to grab everything I need for algebra. Math is my worst enemy. It wasn't too bad when all I had to deal with was numbers but once they started wanting to know who 'x' was, my brain tapped out.

I strip off my coffee stained sweatshirt, revealing a plain light blue tank top. Thank god, I actually wore something underneath.

I reach my locker at the same time as Alex and Chelsea do. They stare at me expectantly as I open my lock and throw my shirt in.  

"Yes?" I say as I exchange my chemistry book for my calculator.    

"So? What happened? Are you in trouble? I can't believe that bitch went to the principal," Chelsea spits out question after question without pause.     

I chuckle, "Nothing too serious. Just detention, but it wasn't until I left her office that something crazy happened," I say while closing my locker door. Chelsea's eyes widen at the idea of hearing the latest gossip.   

"My bag decided to be an idiot and fall apart, and this guy came to help me. He-" I stop, unsure of how to describe Hart. "He had these eyes. They were beautiful. They were such a vibrant green color. I couldn't stop staring at them"  

"I bet that's not the only thing you were staring at," mumbled Alex as we started making our way to class.

I roll my eyes and nudge Alex with my shoulder, "No! That's not what I meant," I let out a small laugh, "No, he just looked so familiar, but I swear I've never met him in my life."

The three of us walk into Algebra and take our normal seats towards the back of the classroom. Alex plops down into his chair, automatically pulling out a pair of earphones and lays his head down for a quick nap.     
Mr. Anderson, the algebra teacher, never cares much about what his students do in class as long as something gets turned in every week. Most people just play on their phones all period long, but Mr. Anderson couldn't care in the slightest.   

Finally settled into our seats, Chelsea turns to me and asks, "So about this guy, was he hot? Cause I've been looking for a new guy and he already sounds perfect."     

As much as I love my best friend, it's no secret that she gets around. Chelsea picks a different guy almost every week trying to find "the one." So far, no luck.    

"Chels, no. He was a complete ass. He definitely doesn't need to be added to your list."  

"You never know Chlo, I might be able to change him. I've been told that my pus-"     
Alex's head pops up from his desk, "Woah woah woah. No one needs to hear about your magical hoohah, okay?"

"Oh, shut it. Go back to sleep Alex. Now, Chloe, tell me everything." Chelsea stares up at me waiting.     

Just as I opened my mouth, Mr. Anderson walks in, followed by two other students.    
My eyes widen as they take in the person at the front of the class. I open my mouth to tell Chelsea that it's him, but I'm speechless.    

"What are you gawking at?" Chelsea says. She turns towards the front of the class. Her eyes widen, matching mine.

"Damn, no wonder he left you speechless."  

"Okay class, we have two new students here today. This is Elliot and Rebekah Hart. Since we've got these two, we won't start anything new today. So, just take a seat and get to know everyone." Mr. Anderson says as he pulls out his phone and starts typing away.

Eyes still trained on Elliot, I watch as he scans the room. When his eyes catch mine, a huge smile blossoms on his face. He begins to make his way towards me. Oh shit. I immediately straighten in my chair. I glance around noticing there is not a seat available near me. Why is he coming over here? Elliot continues to grin at me as he makes his way towards me.
"I'd like that seat."