But this, feeling someone touch my bare stomach -someone I don't know for that matter- I felt like I was about to just die. I put my face in Dad's shoulder as I used myself as a tourniquet to him. I felt Dr. Bluewater's hands in unhappy detail as they trailed my flesh and pushed in certain places, stopping short when it hit the 'outline' of the child inside of me.

"Can you hurry up, David? You're scaring my son." Dad growled angrily.

"I really am trying to hurry. I'm sorry if I'm making you uncomfortable, Max."

"It's okay." I said, my voice going really high because it really isn't. "You have to do what you have to do... I'll do what I can to help..."

What seemed like forever and a day finally ended as Dr. Bluewater's hands left my stomach. I didn't realize I was shaking until I pulled away from Dad and tried to look at the doctor. He was looking at me with a caring expression.

"I'm sorry, Max."

"It's really okay..." I said even though he knew I looked like it wasn't.

I knew he had to do what he had to do, it's just no one's really touched my stomach or anything. Even my parents haven't and I'd honestly prefer it that way. It was uncomfortable and just made me hyper aware of what's happening to me.

"Well, the baby seems pretty large, but as I said, it will be hard without an ultrasound machine to really tell. I can recommend you to someone but they're out of town."

"We're willing to travel wherever if they are willing to help."

"If that's the case, I'll give them a call and see if they will let us use the machine. In the meantime, it would be best if you rested in bed. This sudden growth will most likely have the body in catch up mode for a moment until it gets used to your bigger stomach and much more active companion."

I looked at Dad. "D-do you really think it's going to move?"

"We should hope so." Dr. Bluewater said. "If it doesn't, we've got a whole different type of situation on our hands."

I felt another wave of nausea hit me and I squeezed Dad's arm to try and keep it at bay.

"Dr. Bluewater?"

"Yeah?"

"Do you think you'd be able to get me something to stop the vomiting? Or at least control it a little?"

"I can try to call a prescription in for you. I don't see why they won't let you get some medicine for that. If they're being stupid about it, I'll get it and bring it to you myself."

I nodded and Dad helped me down from the table. I tried to steady myself and balance with this added weight and awkwardness. We walked slowly to the car and Dad helped me get into the front seat.

**************************

As we drove home, the car ride was making me sick and I was also thinking about Dad. I made a fool of myself doing what I did... if he had wanted to run away from it all, I should have let him. He's having to deal with something like me because I'm forcing him to. I know he says he doesn't mind, but I'm not an idiot. There's only so much you can take...

"What's wrong, Max?" Dad says softly, breaking the silence.

"Nothing."

"You're crying. I can hear you sniffling."

"It's just hormones and stuff, no big deal."

Dad sighs and it's as if I can hear what he's really saying all in that sigh: "God, Max, I wish you would stop being such a little bitch about everything and stop making me have to take care of you. I try to understand you but all you do is make me beg and then tell me how incompetent of a father I am and so easily replicated. I wish you had never come back home..." I mean... I don't think that's really going through his mind but if it isn't then it should...