Extra #1

When I said that I wanted a nice night out with my boyfriend, I didn't know that I'd be fighting bad guys in heels and wasting a perfectly good meal.

I wiped blood off my hands with one of the napkins, scowling at the stains on my shirt.

Loki was next to me in an instant, equally determined and equally displeased. He had his knives out, slashing at anyone who dared come close to me.

I watched as he sunk his blade into a man's thigh, twisting it savagely. Loki was always fun to watch when he fought, he relied heavily on close combat and brutal efficiency to take down his opponent. He was graceful and cunning even in battle.

I'll admit, it was pretty damn hot.

Our dear bad guys were wearing the ugliest masks I've ever seen in my life. It looked like they were paper machaed by three year olds.

I could sense that one of them snuck up behind me, wrapping his arm around my neck. He was fast but I was faster. I flipped him over my shoulder, twisting his arm as painfully as I could and slammed him down.

I grabbed a fork and stabbed the masked man's hand. He screamed in agony which was muffled by his mask.

"I just wanted one nice night, Loki!" I grabbed his coat as I heard the familiar cock of a gun. He dove underneath the table with me as a barrage of bullets flew over the both of our heads. "Why can't we have one date night without someone trying to cockblock us?!"

He gave me an unamused look. "Well, it's not my fault!"

"I never said it was!"

"I'll do whatever you want afterwards, darling!Let's just figure out what to do now!"

Why were some thugs after us? I don't know?

What I did know was that they were seriously pissing me off.

Loki grabbed me around the waist and pulled us both down flat to the floor, placing himself over me. He muttered something and threw up a shield, protecting us as the bullets tore through the flipped table. Splinters flew everywhere, bouncing off the invisible shield.

If it wasn't for his quick thinking we'd be Swiss cheese.

"I don't know why humans use guns. It's just so uncivilized." Loki complained. He kept his arm around my waist and the other to hold the shield.

I rolled my eyes. "Would you prefer I just politely ask them to put down their guns, dear?"

"Of course not, darling. There's not a polite bone in your body." He said without missing a step. "Don't give me that look, Maya. Get ready, when this shield drops we'll have to move quick."

There weren't much hiding places in the restaurant. It looked like we were pinned.

"How about there?" I pointed at the pillars towards the back. "It's a bit far. Think we can make it?"

"It's perfect." He said, glancing over. "You go ahead of me. I'll be right behind you."

"Got it!"

I pulled out my gun from under neath my jacket switching off the safety. All bets were off at this point.

I crouched, one finger on the trigger and my other hand holding onto Loki's jacket.

"Go, Maya! Go!"

The shield dropped quick and we both ran for the pillars, a hail of bullets following at us. I felt one whiz past my shoulder.

I swung around the pillar, dropping down so that I could brace myself against it. I could feel the blood in my veins, begging to be released and wreak havoc. If there was a moment to use my powers, it would be now.