31

New Years Day was a day that most people had off.

Loki and I were not such people.

I had already packed my backpack for a three day trip to Hong Kong. I felt a little tired and that may have been due to the private after party the Avengers had as soon as everyone cleared out.

Now, several hours later, I was regretting that. Even aspirin couldn't help now.

Trix, despite me trying to release her decided to stay with me. Every time I tried to send her off, she'd fly right one back. Loki said I must have spoiled her so.

I had already given her over to Sam who said he would take care of Trix until I got back from my mission.

"Loki!" I knocked my knuckles on his door three times. "C'mon! We have to go!"

"Must we go on this mission?" Loki asked, throwing open his door.

He wore his usual civilian clothes, a button up shirt, slacks, a pair of leather loafers and an overcoat with a green and yellow patten on it. I needed to get Pepper in here to give this guy a makeover. Loki's style screamed more rockstar has been rather classy fallen god.

"Regrettably, yes. Everyone else is too hungover and we volunteered for it. Remember?"

"I regret that decision."

"Did you even pack?" I asked, leaning against the doorframe. "Our flight to China leaves in two hours and you're taking forever."

"I'm packing my weapons and supplies, pet." He said as he grabbed a knife and stuffed it into his backpack. "Of course, you think I need to pack anything more important."

"Unbelievable." I rolled my eyes. "I thought punctuality would be one of your so called good traits."

"Keep up that sarcasm and I'll start over again."

"You wouldn't dare," I hissed.

"Oh?"

"Loki....."

"Fine," he snapped, picking up his backpack. "I used to have so much fun getting underneath your skin."

"But you still do it anyway."

------------

A taxi ride and several security checks later, we were both on a place to Hong Kong. Well....actually more like on a plane to LA with an an hour layover and then onto a plane to Hong Kong.

I managed to sleep for a majority of the ride as Loki looked over our case file.

"Maya?" Loki shook me awake during our flight. "Wake up. It's important."

"Pick the black scarf," I said leaning against the pillow i propped against the window of the plane. "It matches your soul."

"Har. Har. Hilarious."

"What do you......" I yawned as I trailed off half way through. "....want, Loki?"

"This man." He pointed to the picture in the file. "He's a known as casino owner in Hong Kong. Why would he want to dabble in the black market? According to these reports, he makes a considerable sum off human greed."

"You already answered your question." I yawned again, checking the screen in front of me for how much time we had left. We still had ten more....great. "Let's just review this info when we get to the hotel, shall we?