23

The days passed by since I had come back. 

My visitations with Dr. Franz continued but I was not allowed back missions. I was way too fucked up to even go back on missions so it was basically back to square one great. I knew that they just wanted to distract me from searching for my siblings (who were probably cultivating a new plan since the last one was a bust) but I was bored out of my mind.

It had been the first time in four years that New York City had been attacked by aliens and nobody was happy about that. Especially the Avengers who drove back the attack in time and foiled the giant time bomb with a virus before it could go off.

I didn't even bother trying to work on my powers. 

Wanda tried to help me. Tried being the key word. 

Natasha and Bucky didn't stop their training. Since I had made a point where I didn't want to just depend on my powers for missions they had increased my training. Natasha was in charge of my combat training while Bucky supervised my weapons training. Sometimes Steve stepped in or Clint, although Clint just made me do laps around the gym while he ate something and provided 'motivational support' from the sidelines.

Days where I was free, I spent either doing errands or dealing with Loki who liked to sulk in my room. 

"I'm bored," Loki repeated for the nth time today.

I didn't blame him but I had work to do. I was reviewing security tape for Nat.

Trix sat on my desk lamp and pecked at the breadcrumbs on my plate. She chirped loudly before she flew over to Loki, nestling on his shoulder.

"Then read a book." I said without taking my eyes off the computer screen. 

"I've done that. I'm still bored." He scowled at Trix, gently pushing the bird off his shoulder. She flew back to me, chirping into my ear as if she was complaining about Loki. I gently petted her as she nuzzled my hair. 

"Go outside and smell the roses. You need fresh air."

"There is no garden, Maya. This is a city. What is this fresh air you speak of?"

His sarcasm was going to be the death of him. That is if I don't kill him first and right now, I'm considering it. I wondered if Loki could save himself with magic if I was to 'accidentally' throw him out of the window.

"Prank someone. I'd appreciate it if you could prank Pietro. Wanda probably wouldn't mind."

"Dull and I've already done that. The speedster is not fond of tar."

An interesting story for another time.

"Television?" I suggested.

"I've already watched all Doctor Who, Sherlock, Merlin and Orphan Black."

"You've only watched BBC." I stated. "Internet?"

"I have no patience to deal with that human cesspool." He said. "Your primitive human technology is really no feat for me."

I took a deep breath in and tried not to snap at Loki. I could understand his cabin fever but bugging me about it wasn't going to do much about. He would have to get off his Asguardian ass and do something about it.