[172] Off Stream

Prompt: After their livestream, Niall and Liam share an intimate conversation that fires their relationship further.

Liam turns off the computer after saying goodbye to the fans who made it to his stream. He wore a big smile on his face while doing so, feeling content with his decision to be open to the mass of people who actually adored him. This lasted a short while since Niall had reentered the room after he left to use the bathroom.

"'Could you turn the light off... Thanks, babe.' Could've made it any more obvious?" Niall walked up to Liam with pursed lips and crossed arms, licking his lips enough to rid the small crumbs away.

Liam chuckles, grin evident on his face. "Thought it would be cute to say it so nonchalantly. I'm sure nobody cared to pay enough attention to what I called you. There's no need to stress about it."

Niall sighs, blonde hair damp on his face as he washed his hair for the night. "Maybe, but I can't help it when so many people are breathing down our necks to the point where we can't even be seen together without fearing judgment. It sucks." He rubs the back of his neck, shivering at the thought of not being able to express themselves in a way that'd make them both feel confident and content.

"One day, things will be different. Until then, we have to remain in the shadows and be there for each other whenever a situation comes our way. Like a fake girlfriend, for example. It's bound to happen again after I'm done with Daniele." Liam sighs. "Even if she is sweet, I'd rather out there with you, holding hands and kissing you on the lips without a care in the world."

Niall smiles a little, hands fidgety as he grabbed Liam's to squeeze and kiss the bases gently. "It's hard to stay strong when I see out there, kissing someone else when waiting for you to come back to the hotel or tour bus. It's hard to see all of that and sometimes not seeing you come back for another day." Niall sighs and clenches his jaw slightly. "This is why I love touring so much. We spend more time together on stage, in hotel rooms, and backstage where nobody can tell us what to do. I want those moments at all times." His cheeks became rosy pink, averting his eyes from Liam who felt sorry.

"You know I don't want to go through this as much as you do. One day, things will be different, and we'll properly be together without caring about what other people think and believe. We'll be free."

A few years later, Liam moved on from Danielle and onto Sophia who turned out to be really supportive for Niall and Liam. She respected their commitment on keeping everything in the closet, wishing that they'd be able to get set free from this mess soon enough.

Niall preferred Sophia over Danielle who complained whenever he tagged along with her and Liam on some of their fake dates. Liam didn't much like that about her when it happened more than once because she knew of Liam and Niall's private relationship.

With Sophia, she lets Niall tag along whenever he pleases, even posing for selfies with them, and it felt like a breath of fresh air for Liam and Niall who still had to go through all of this together.

A few months after that had, ended though, that's when everything spiraled into a huge mess. Liam had to be seen with Cheryl, a woman far older than his age who didn't like Niall at all. She constantly desired Liam's attention and even pushed his own boyfriend away from situations.

"She really thinks that she can do all of this and get away with it? I can't believe how selfish and rude she can be." Niall's been ranting for a good hour about this woman as he and Liam have been staying at their private home in London. They had just finished some intense business the hour beforehand, so it annoyed Liam a little bit.

"Can we just not talk about her. There are more importa-"

"No, this is important. She's tearing us apart and you aren't paying attention to that. I know we just made love after a whole month, but that just proves my point. A whole month. She's tearing us apart more than anybody else ever has, and it pisses me off. I just-"

"I have to get her pregnant."

Niall's eyes grow wide before he laughs wholeheartedly. "Shït, you have to be joking, right? Never in a million years, you would go so far as to get one of your fake girlfriends pregnant."

Liam's facial expression remained serious for the next minute, and Niall's heart dropped harder than it ever has. He shakes his head and chuckles hysterically, can't believe this situation one bit.

"I... I can't be around you right now. I need a break from this." He begins packing up his belongings, Liam quickly moving over to him to stop what he's doing.

"Stop, stop, we can get through this like everything else, c'mon."

Niall shakes his head, furious that he has to go through all this bullshit only to end up having to see his boyfriend with a baby that doesn't look like him at all. It'd be too painful to deal with.

That's why he ignored Liam's pleas and left to his own place where he'd have enough time and space to breathe away from the drama of Liam's fake relationships that continue to tear them apart.

Eventually, when Niall's solo career skyrocketed and he was gaining more personal followers, he sees a tweet from Liam. Of course, he still follows him. When he read through the tweet, he couldn't help but smile and feel that ping of love come back for Liam.

He was surprised to soon hear his door get knocked on. He decides to open it, immediately viewing a restless Liam who then pushed him against the nearest wall. He pushes their foreheads together, Liam's breathing uneven and shaky as he presses him against Niall.

"I've missed you so much..." He roams his hands along Niall's body, exploring it as he hasn't been this close to him in so many months.

"Me too, but we still need to talk about everything. I can't accept you into my life again after not seeing you for almost two years."

Liam sighs, knowing he's right as he pulls back, but only after planting a quick kiss to Niall's temple.

They talked for the rest of the day, learning about personal events and situations that either man went through in order to get to this point. This leads to them finding themselves in Niall's bed, cuddling in a warm and comforting manner that causes them to remain close.

This new routine only lasted another six months because of Liam's latest girlfriend, Maya. She took him away just like Cheryl.

Liam proclaimed in an article that she made him the happiest as he's been in the longest time. It was obviously a lie, but it made Niall remain calm when pictures of them came out. They were evidently faking their hand-holding and smiles that couldn't be differentiated from paparazzi and fans who were mostly gullible.

Niall was right since Liam came back to his place every night, meeting him in the bedroom where they'd share dinner, kisses, and cuddles to the point where he'd forever be happy during the PR stunt.

“Do you think things will be easier from now on? Maya doesn't seem that bad of a person since she was caring when we met.” Niall was running his fingers along Liam's body as he spoke, earning a small chuckle and bright grin from him moments later.

“I think, from now on, we'll be okay. If anything major does happen, we'll find each other again. Let's just hope for the best and fight through the battles that we're gonne go through since the beginning.”

~*~

Author's Note: This is how I view the relationships tbh oops. I hope you enjoyed, thanks for reading, and I love you all! x