"No. I want to be alone. Would you please leave" Zeynep said with a choking voice and Emir couldn't take it anymore.

He left her room and headed to his office. He was so mad he smashed everything in his office. Then he settled on the floor and drank for hours. He knows he should go check on Zeynep. But he couldn't bring himself to see her like this.

He tried. God help him he tried. But he couldn't protect her. He couldn't protect her from lies. He couldn't protect her from truths. He still can't.

...

The next two days went the same. Zeynep kept her self locked in her room. Barley eating and drinking. Emir tried to get her to talk to him at least but she refused to get out of the shell she imprisoned herself in.
This was her way to cop with her sadness.

By the third day. Emir had enough. He went to her room. Opened the curtains and demanded her to get up.

That didn't end well for him because she yelled at him and kicked him out of her room. She just asked for more time but Emir couldn't just leave her like that without knowing what's going on inside her head.

In the fourth day Emir was having breakfast planing to check on Zeynep again then go to the company.
He was surprised when he saw Zeynep coming down stairs.

Showered and dressed perfectly ready to go out. She looked determinant. Ready for a battle with life. Emir looked at her proudly. This is the Zeynep he knows. He got up and went to her. She stood in front of him and smiled shyly.

"I'm sorry for giving you so much grave the last few days" Zeynep said softly. Then she looked down.

"There's a lot of things I want to apologize for..."

"Shshsh... don't say anything. There's nothing you need to apologize for. Okay?" Emir said softly and She released a breath. She was so emparessed for the bad things she said to him in the past. For torturing him when he didn't deserve any of it.
Emir led her to the breakfast table so they can have their breakfast before heading to work.

Emir noticed that she wasn't eating like usual. She's still locked inside her head.

"Kucugum?"

"Hmm" she hummed softly.

"What are you planning to do today?" Emir tried to understand what's going on with her. She wasn't that hard to read before.

"I.. I'm thinking about going to my parents"

"Are you sure it's a good idea? What are going to say to them?"
Emir asked her and she laughed pitterlly.

"Honestly. I don't know. I just feel there's something in my chest and I need it to get out. I don't know"
Zeynep chrugged not really knowing what she wants anymore.
Emir took her hand in his and squeezed.

"Okay.. we're going together"

"No. I want to go alone. Please"

"Are you sure?"

"Yeah. I'll be fine. You don't have to grab my hand every time I cross the street Emir"

"I'll never leave your hand Zeynep" Emir said seriously, looking deeply into her eyes. Zeynep felt her breath catch in her throat at the gravity of his words.

Things between them were unidentified yet. They know they need to talk about that. When the time is right. Right now they had to find their way back to how things were before. Both missed each other's company and they'll benefits of the fact that there's no more secrets between them.

At that thought Zeynep cleared her voice and pulled her hand.

"Can I ask something from you Emir?" Zeynep asked nervously.

"Anything" Emir replied without a beat.

"Please don't hide anything from me again. If there's anything concerning my life I need to know about please just tell me. Don't hide the truth. No matter how ugly it is. Okay?"

Emir swallowed hard at that. He still hides so many truth from her. Does he tell her now? But she just got out from a big shock. How can he put her back  into that dark whole again. He can't. She doesn't need to know that anyway. The truth will never come out so why reveal it now.
Emir made a stupid decision again  looked into her eyes.

"I promise"

.....

Zeynep was standing in front of her family house. Thinking about what she's going to say. She wasn't mad as much as she was hurt.
Being mad is easy. She'll go in there. Yell and curse and break her relationship with them forever. But she wasn't a dramatic person. She's not a bitter person. She's practical and logical with a bit of craziness. She doesn't know how someone act when they're hurt by the people they call family.

Suddenly Zeynep turned around and left. (Yes. Leaving them is the best. I don't even want to see them) she thought while walking out. She didn't have a car because Emir dropped her here and went to the holding after her insistence. So she decided to just walk. She walked and walked until she reached the shore. She was about to cross the street leading to it then she felt a hand slip into hers. Startled, she looked up and found Emir beside her.

"Emir?"

"Yes. I couldn't leave. I was keeping an eye on you the whole time"

Zeynep looked at him with gratitude. Eyes already tearing.

"Apparently I still need you to hold my hand while crossing the street" Zeynep said with a thick voice.

"Well, that's why I'm here"

Emir lead her across the street and went to the shore. They sat there a littel. Zeynep head was on his shoulder.

"You couldn't go in, could you?" Emor asked.

"I couldn't. I don't know what to tell them. I have to gather my thoughts first. But the thing I'm certain about is that I don't want to see their faces"

"You won't. I gave them a call telling them to never show up in the company our our house. Until you feel alright"

Zeynep raised her head and kisses him on the check.
"Thank you for being here"

Emir kissed her head and put his head over hers.

"Always"