chapter 1

I've rewritten the story like changing she/he into they and further changes, but the rest is mostly the same.

'You're sick.' They've always said that, but there is nothing wrong with me I promise. Something is haunting me, and I don't even know if he, no if it's real.

Every doctor I've turned to just talks to me about my lifestyle etc. They don't know how irritating it can be. "Does it ever talk to you?" I shake my head. Also, something I learned: Easy answering, especially with it around. Sometimes it speaks to me, but only small things, or it tries to get a reaction out of me even though it looks like he knows I can see him or I'm just bad at pretending.

Finally, home I jump face down into my pillow. I hate this: being called sick. I think after a while I'll start to believe them.
I already took a pill, but it's probably not even going to work.

A few hours later

It didn't show today, but it always shows itself at least within a couple hours.

"honey, did you see it yet?"

I shake my head and sigh in relief, but I feel kind of disappointed thinking about it. A sick feeling comes into my stomach and I immediately run to the toilet. I puke.

I hear a short giggle behind me. In shock, I freeze, knowing that voice. I take a deep breath preparing for a jump scare or just seeing it. I turn

"Don't you get tired of ignoring me, babes?"

"No," I say out of reflex. I quickly grab my mouth, shocked at what

just came out. No, no, no, it's been going so good for the past year. Why did I ruin it? He walks to me standing behind my reflection in the mirror. "You've been ignoring me for almost a year now," says it, almost grabbing my shoulders. Again, out of shock: I turn around the man or rather thing only standing inches apart from my face. I'm staring into its eyes; they lock on mine. I never saw him or at least had a good look at him. He was either in the shadow or just so far away I couldn't get a good enough look at him.

His eyes are greener than the sharpest green I've ever seen. "Like what ya seeing babes?" I turn around and start brushing my teeth to get rid of the puke taste. "Oh, come on. I know you can see me the whole time even if you pretend I didn't. Why would you still pretend after you just looked like you had a heart attack." Should I give up? Fuck it.

I spit out the toothpaste and turn around to face him." So, what are you?" For a second, he looks surprised, but then he smirks and says: "Whatever you like, babes." And he gives a wink. "Do I see hallucinations?" I ask him to look closely for clues. His expression tightens as he grits his teeth. "No, you're not." "Okay, chill," I say half scared and half hiding a laugh. "Then 'what' are you?" I ask, again feeling less scared every minute I look at him. "I'm the ghost with most" I roll my eyes at him. "A ghost? Demon? Shadow people?" I take another step closer he looks with his eyes that say they can melt me in a second and warn me not to get too close.

"I'm a poltergeist." He said within his voice a boost of confidence, but his face looked like he was unsure.