12

I paced in front of Dumbledore's office a few times. I found myself doing this more often as of late. I had only been back to school a few days, but it felt like a year. Dumbledore and Snape had called me to Dumbledore's office this morning and I was trying to pick up the courage to go in. I had been trying to come up with what I was going to tell them all night. All words failed me. There was no right way to go about this I realized. There was no way to make myself not look like the bad guy.

I wasn't sure what was worrying me the most, their reaction or what they will do to me. I know neither of them were aggressive people nor violent by nature from what I've seen through the years. I guess I was simply scared of disappointing them, even though I fully knew that was what was going to happen anyway.

"I'll be here when you're done," Draco kindly tried to comfort me. He had offered to walk me here after breakfast, this morning. I had agreed because as much as I didn't want to admit it, he made me feel stronger. Pansy too said she'd come but I told her I was okay. She had given me a suspicious look as she looked between Draco and I but let it go. I knew she would put everything together sooner or later. I'll have to tell her about Draco and I but I was trying to avoid it. I liked the secrecy.

"I don't want to go in there," I answered. I felt myself tremble as I thought about the moments that were about to come. That was also a new thing that had developed since I had gotten back. I had a couple more panic episodes which were new and foreign to me. I hated it.

"You have to, they're waiting," Draco placed a comforting hand on my shoulder dipping his head so he could look me in the eyes. He placed a sweet kiss on my forehead, rather than say anything, an action that had only been done in secret multiple times in the last few days.

All I could do was nod. There were no words that could change the anxiety I was feeling. I just had to get it over with. Whatever will happen, will happen, and I will just have to deal with it when it comes. I whispered the password to the gargoyle and went up the magical stairs that appeared. I took a breath for every step there was till I reach the top. My hand burned as I touched the door to Dumbledore's office. I knew I was doing something dirty and wrong. I was a monster. I had to remind myself that I was doing this for the greater good.

"Come on in," Dumbledore called from his large desk. There was the twinkle in his eye that I had come accustomed to knowing. Professor Snape was already there, standing beside Dumbledore's desk his arms crossed. He knew something was up. There was no point in pretending. Anything The Dark Lord knew, Snape knew and what Snape knew, Dumbledore knew.

I took a seat quietly folding my shuddering hands into my lap. I took a deep breath and shut everything off. I was ready.

"Sir," I tried to smile.

"I'm sure you know why you were called to my office," Dumbledore spoke, he kept his cheerful mood. I never understood how he could always deliver news or receive it in such a bright and colorful mood. Dumbledore is a true optimist.

"I believe so," I answered truthfully. I had a feeling they wanted to talk about Draco and I but I was here for much more than just that.

Dumbledore smiled once more before turning to Professor Snape. Snape handed Dumbledore a manila folder that I could only assume were the photos that were sent to Draco. Dumbledore dumped the contents on his desk, hundreds of photos scattered all from the night of Pansy's engagement party. It was like every second of the private moment we shared was a still on Dumbledore's desk. I felt angry as I looked at the photos. This was our moment and it was stolen.

"I see that you and the young Mr. Malfoy have been getting along," Dumbledore chuckled mostly to himself.

"Sir, this is serious!" Snape spoke for the first time with urgency.