11

The Daily Profit screamed questions over the commotion of Platform 9 ¾ at Pansy. She looked in front of her paying no mind to the reporters as she pushed past them to get on the train. They asked invasive questions for all to hear like if it was true that she was in love with Theo or that she plans on getting pregnant to avoid the marriage. The questions got more and more ridiculous as we pushed forward.

Pansy looked amazing in her baby blue wrap dress. Her heels clicked with vigour as more flashes of cameras were shoved in her face and by association mine too. Her expression was blank, but I knew the questions were getting to her. The front page of the Daily Profit this morning was all about how she broke Fulcran's heart for the 'Pureblood Bad Boy'. They made her out to be the villain when we all knew she was the true victim.

I heard more cameras going off behind us but the attention didn't drift from Pansy. Theo had to be near from the questions I was hearing. I saw the top of his head push through the crowd followed by Blaise, Crabbe and Goyle. Draco was nowhere to be seen. I kept trying to look around for him. Craning my neck over the crowds hoping to get a glimpse of platinum hair. He had told me yesterday that he would be coming back to school, but I wasn't so sure about that.

"How do your parents feel about your affair," a short stuffy man shoved a camera in Pansy's face. I saw a flash of anger in her face as she shoved the man hard. He fell on his fat bottom causing other photographers to stop momentarily to see what happened. I saw Theo finally break through the crowd in the fit of confusion to get to Pansy. He grabbed her by the arm and pulled her on the train behind him as the shutters of cameras went crazy. Crabbe, Goyle and Blaise followed them.

"Is it true your father is dead!" the voice of more Daily Profit photographers shouted. I knew Draco had to be close, there was no point asking me or any of my now absent friends. There was no one else that question could be for. I circled on myself to try and find my blond headed Slytherin. I saw him over the crowd and waited for him to join me.

He wrapped an arm around me protecting me from the incoming of flashes and yelling. I ducked into the crook of his side as he led me the rest of the way to the train. Once I was safely on board, he followed me slamming the door behind him.

"What the hell was that all about?" I asked. I had never seen those vultures as vicious as they were today. In all the years I took the train with my friends, there had always been a handful of photographers to catch a glimpse of them. They did have relatively important parents in the wizarding world. The Daily Profit was never this brutal and rarely asked questions. It scared me a bit how they yelled and pushed cameras in our faces. The flashes were blinding and the amount of people was suffocating. We got a bit of media training this morning which consisted of not answering any questions at all under any circumstances. So not much training at all. We weren't told that we would be hounded and attacked by people from the Daily Profit.

"They love a controversy," Draco said angry. We walked towards our usual carriage to meet our friends. They all sat exhausted from the time we spent outside. Pansy even looked like she had shed a few tears.

"Everyone okay?" I asked my group of friends. They all nodded as Draco and I took our seats.

The atmosphere was far from what it had been when we started school in September. Though I saw the heaviness in stress in them then, now it was a tension that could be cut with a knife. Everyone avoided eye contact.

Goyle, Crabbe and Blaise started whispering amongst each other. I started to feel the divide that was coming. They were outside of whatever loop there was, and they were not happy. In times like this the worst thing to happen would be a divide.