Chapter 16

A/N: Guys!!!! SPIDER-MAN IS BACK IN THE MCU!!!!!!!!!!!!! As you can tell, I am OVER THE MOON! Anyways. Here is an update to celebrate this amazing news!!!! Enjoy!

The sun rose slowly over the horizon, marking the beginning of a new day. Birds sang, early wakers ran across the streets of New York, young children screamed with joy as they tried to wake up their tired parents.

Peter would say that Ned was like said small children, as he rocked Peter endlessly, trying to get him to wake up for... Whatever reason. Honestly, he had no idea why. As far as he was concerned, he was lying in his bed in Queens on a Saturday morning. Or maybe Sunday morning. Oh well.

Why was Ned in his room anyways?

"Oh my god, get up!" Ned complained, shaking his friend more violently.

Sally's head popped up from her pillow, tired eyes looking at Ned. "Can you like... Shush for.. A few seconds?" She asked tiredly, her voice drawn out and sloppy.

Ned ignored her, as he stayed focused on Peter. Ah, now Peter remembered. They were on a field trip.

Slowly, he rolled over, and looked at Ned with half-lidded eyes. "Finally." Ned breathed.

"What." Peter asked, his voice muffled by the blanket that was scrunched up in his face.

"Get up."

"Why...? No one else is up yet..." Peter replied, his voice barely audible.

Ned shuffled awkwardly, "I'm hungry." Peter groaned, "then go get food!"

"I-i don't know my way around the tower."

Peter sighed, as he sat up, making the act look like it was exhausting. "Why aren't you sleeping?"

"I couldn't."

Peter mumbled something that Ned didn't catch, as he slipped his legs out from under the covers. He let out a large yawn before stretching and getting up.

Peter had gotten changed at some point last night. Honestly, he had just grabbed whatever clothes he found in his bag, so he ended up in his Hello Kitty pants and 'I survived my trip to NYC' shirt.

Ned decided not to comment on Peter's outfit, as he began leading him out of the room. He opened the door, and the pair left the room.

Peter's first solution was to go up to the penthouse, since there was food there that would hopefully quench Ned's hunger. Of course, he wasn't exactly thinking rationally, so this idea seemed golden to him.

Ned shuffled after him as he made his way towards the elevator. Once they were inside, Peter sloppily smashed the buttons to the level he wanted.

"Uh, Peter?" Ned asked awkwardly, as the doors closed and the elevator began to rise.

"What."

"I thought we were going to a kitchen or something..."

"We are." Peter fixed him with an irritated glare. Ned didn't want to annoy the tired spider anymore, so he kept his mouth shut, as he began to wring his hands nervously.

The doors opened, and Ned and Peter stepped out. Ned froze to his spot, while Peter was unconcerned as he made his way towards the kitchen.

Sitting casually in the kitchen and lounge were the Avengers, all decked out in PJ's and sleeping clothes. No matter how many times Ned saw the Avengers, he would never stop feeling star-struck.

"Uh, good morning Pete." Tony greeted, as Peter walked silently over to the fridge. "Mornin'." Was Peter's reply.

Tony glanced over at Ned, before looking back at the child who was pulling a carton of milk out of the fridge.