Chapter 8

A/N: Hello again everyone! I just wanted to quickly say that I don't have words to describe how grateful I am for all the reads, votes and comments that I'm receiving for my book. It means so much to me, and I just want everyone to know that you all really make my day so much better. So again, thank you so much!!!

Peter's side was aching. He now regretted sparring with Natasha, because his side was hurting again, and his identity was closer to being discovered. Hopefully whoever they had next would allow him to lay low for a while so he could get the spotlight off of him. 

Ned seemed to notice Peter's faint limp as they followed Cassie to their next destination, because he tapped him on the shoulder. Peter glanced over at him. "Dude, are you limping? How's your stomach?"

Peter shrugged. "I'm fine. It just aches a bit."

Ned gave him an uncertain frown, but decided not to question him any further. MJ came up beside Ned and Peter, but she didn't say anything as she walked beside them. 

Peter had tried getting more information out of Natasha about who the special guest was, and how it involved him and the prank war. Mr. Stark seemed to be taking the prank war seriously, even though it was just a prank war. Admittedly, they all took the prank war more seriously than any of them should, but that wasn't the point. 

Peter didn't even notice that Cassie had led them outside until a strong blast of wind buffeted against his face. Why they were outside? Peter couldn't figure that part out. "Took you guys long enough." The group turned around and saw Hawk-eye sitting casually on a chair, a bow in his hand. The team murmured to each other in excitement.

He didn't say anything else to them, as he got up from his spot on the chair.

"Follow me." He instructed, waving his hand to the team in an instruction to follow him. He began walking away and the team started following eagerly behind him.

"Why does he have his bow?" Ned asked Peter, eyeing the bow in the archers hand.

"Not sure." 

Soon the team arrived at where Clint was leading them. Set up beyond them were three targets, painted yellow, red, blue, black and white in that order, with yellow in the middle. In small stands were arrows, and sitting beside the arrows was a simple bow, sitting on a small bench, waiting to be used. Of course Clint was going to teach them how to use a bow and arrow, he expected nothing more from the skilled archer.

"If you guys haven't already guessed, I'm going to be teaching you guys some basic archery."

Clint loaded an arrow into his bow, as the team all settled, and sat down on the seats that were off to the side.

"It's pretty simple. Just load your arrow into the bow," he demonstrated, "pull your arm back, and release." Clint released his fingers, and the arrow flew towards the target, easily hitting the bulls-eye. 

Clint gave a more in depth demonstration on how to use the bow, such as how you place your fingers, where to angle your elbow, how to aim properly, and so on. Clint had already given Peter his own lesson, in fact he had done a few with him. He wasn't too bad with the bow, or at least that's what Clint had told him. 

He began going over a few rules. "I would advise not shooting each other," he began, "so don't shoot your arrow if someone is collecting their arrows from the target." They all nodded, impatient to get started.

Seeing their eagerness to start, Clint stepped aside and told three people to come up and have a shot.

Soon, everything was set up and Sally, who was at the far right, Flash who was in the middle and Abe at the left all held a bow in their hand, loaded with an arrow, waiting for permission to shoot the arrow at the target waiting in front of them. Clint nodded at them, and they each eagerly raised their bows into the air, pulling their arms back.