My eyes widen in shock at the realization of what she just reviled to me, “What?”

“His house isn’t too far away from here. He lives near the Yellowtree forest.” Nicholas adds and my head turns abruptly to my mate who shares my stunned expression.

“Timothy…” Alvaro whispers as recognition hits us both all of a sudden, in unison.

Timothy. The man who had been living near the Yellowtree forest. The man that had allowed Alvaro and Mateo use his cabin when they ran inside the forest. The same cabin where Alvaro had taken me on one of our first dates.

I had been so close to my father, yet so far.

“Is Timothy in the US now?” Alvaro asks my parents who both seem confused at our silent dialogue

“Yes” Nicholas answers him still a bit dazed.

You  ready to leave and go meet your dad, mi luz?” Alvaro asks me through our mind link surprising me and a smile erupts on my face before I nod three times quickly

“Good. It was nice seeing you.” Alvaro declares and then stands up taking my hand to help me move. I do the same, smiling brightly at my mate and we both start walking towards the exit.

My mother follows us all the way to the door, calling my name but we continue to walk away.

“Where are you going?” She asks dumbfound and I open the door before giving her a final look.

“Anywhere away from you. I plan for this to be the last time I see you so here are my finishing words to you; Thank you. Thank you for being such a great example of what a mother should not be. I am gonna make sure my kids never feel the way you made me feel. My kids will feel loved and cared for… And from now on I wish you a life free of guilt, Rose. Maybe one day you’ll manage to forgive yourself. Goodbye.” I say confidently not giving her the chance to answer and then drag my mate outside of this house.

I am leaving everything behind.

------------------------------------------------------

The entire ride to Timothy’s house I was nervous as hell. I knew what we were doing was crazy and risky and it could definitely backfire on us but at the same time it felt so right. I had wasted so many years of my life feeling miserable for being the outcast of the pack although it was never my fault, feeling depressed for not having a mate at 22 and being so sad because my parents were too emotionless and detached. 

This was my chance at finding a person who actually fought in order to have me in his life. This was my real father and he was one of the reasons I ended up being mated to Alvaro, and I was more than grateful for that.

I was never destined to become Luna of the Silverlake pack and since I wasn’t Nicholas’s daughter I could have never been Jonathan’s mate. Rose and Nicholas knew this but still decided to let me suffer through everyone’s horrible comments and remarks about me.

God, they were awful people. My biological father was originally from Alvaro’s pack so it made perfect sense for us to be mated.

“We’re here, baby. Are you nervous?” Alvaro asked me as he parked the car looking at me expectedly and I could he was on edge, too.

I leaned closer to him and gave him a sweet kiss on his lips before answering, “A bit…but I think I am ready to do this. I have to do this before we go back to our house, before we start our life. I need closure.” I admit and Alvaro hugs me tightly, making me feel safe in his arms.

“Ok, mi alba.” he says a moment later and gives me a reassuring smile before we get out of the vehicle.

Alvaro takes my hand in his, intertwining our fingers and drags me inside the forest and towards Timothy’s cabin. Since Alvaro knew this woods by heart, it did not take us long to reach my biological father’s home.