chapter 1:

Song:  secrets- the weekend

CHAPTER 1:

Waking up in the Logan household was a task itself. Being the oldest, I always had to wake up pretty early in order to help my siblings get ready for school. My parents used to leave earlier to deal with their Beta's duties so we kids always had breakfast by ourselves.

Nowadays, I was still usually the first one to rise and help them get ready for their jobs in the pack. My brothers were amazing fighters and they both served our pack as guards. My sister decided to become the pack's cook right after high school.

I, one the other hand, had other plans. I was aware that I had to become something that could work even in the human world in case I decided to leave. So, I was in my last year of training to become a police officer.

My dad almost had a heart attack when he realized I chose such a human job. Thank God our Alpha, Alpha Christopher, explained to my father that me being on the force was actually an advantage to us. He knew that I could help the pack, acting as a double agent. I never wanted to do that but it was the only way my father would have agreed. And so far, Alpha Christopher never asked me to give him any information. Never before today.

____________________________________

Just like any other day, after the four of us finished the breakfast my sister made, the boys gave us kisses on our cheeks and left quickly for patrol. Jenna was still in the kitchen, sipping a cup of coffee and looking at recipes online. I put my make up on and got dressed to go to the police academy. I was supposed to take my exams in a few months and after that I would officially become a police officer. I could not wait.

I run down the stairs, grabbed my backpack and gave my sister a wave goodbye. Right as I opened the door I came face to face with our Alpha.

"Alpha Christopher!" I exclaimed surprised to see him on our doorstep.

"Hello Dawn. I guess I am really lucky that I caught you before you left. I needed to talk to you" he says looking extremely serious

Our Alpha was an amazing man. He cared about everybody in our pack. He was one of the few people who never made me feel unwelcomed. When Jonathan and I found out we had no connection he came up to me and comforted me by saying: < It isn't your fault> . I was forever grateful.

So I could tell that something was disturbing him and he obviously wanted to share it with me.

I pushed the door wide open "Please come inside. We can talk in the kitchen"

When we reached our kitchen I saw my sister's confused expression. She noticed that there was someone next to me

"Alpha" she whispered showing her respect

"Hello child, please excuse me but I am going to have to ask you to leave for a while. I need to speak to your sister in private about something very important" he explained to her

"Of course Alpha... I will be upstairs" Jenna closes her laptop, stands up and rapidly makes her way towards her bedroom

"Please take a seat" I say politely. Alpha Christopher sits down and I take the chair right across from him

"Dawn... you know I have a lot of respect for you. You are an exceptional young female wolf. You are very strong and managed to stay polite even when our pack did not deserve your kindness. I had promised myself that I would never interfere with your life ... that I would never ask you for any favors... Bu I am afraid that this is a code-red situation. And I need your help to solve it" he admits looking almost embarrassed