chapter 20:

Chapter 20:

Song: Numb/Encore- Linkin Park-Jay Z

I did not get any sleep.

I stayed glued to the couch in the huge living room, looking at the door, waiting for everyone to come home. Waiting for Jenna to be home, to be safe. Waiting to see her alive and healthy.

My mother woke up about an hour ago and came to sit in the chair right across from me without saying a word. I knew she wasn't mad at me, she probably thought I did not want to talk to her which was obviously true. I realized I had been too harsh on her last night but I just could not stand her when she acted like a loving mother. It did not fit her, it made her seem even stranger and I just considered her thoughtfulness fake. She hadn't had the time to care about my siblings and I while we were growing up so why should I be ok that she started now?

My past Luna and Grace alongside some other pack members had all gathered around the pack house waiting for my sister and everybody else to be home. Having your future Luna  kidnapped was extremely tough and although Jenna hadn't had the Luna ceremony yet, the pack members still thought of her as family. In this pack, everybody loved Jenna for who she is even before she was mated to Jonathan.

At approximately 3pm I heard the first cars arriving at the pack house and I instantly stood up and went to peek from the window. I saw my father parking his vehicle in the driveway while the rest of the cars made their way closer to the pack house as well. I quickly headed towards the door with Grace right behind me and opened it widely almost running to the vehicles.

"Jenna?" I screamed not managing to see in which car she was and kept walking closer until I reached them all.

My father was the first one to get out with Adrian, Peter and Carlos following him so I realized that she wasn't in that vehicle with them. Jenna was probably riding with Jonathan since there is no way he would have left her out of his sight after finding her.

"Dawn" I heard her voice murmur and I swiftly turned my eyes to my right to see my sister next to her mate who was holding her by her arm. I ran to her although we were just about 10 meters apart and closed her in my embrace carefully not to hurt her in case she was injured.

"You are here, you are back" I managed to utter while my tears kept on falling from my eyes and my vision became bleary.

I did not move an inch; I just stayed there frozen with my baby sister hugging me not believing that she was finally back. Jenna hugged me back warmly as if she was trying to reassure me she was ok.

"I think we should take Jenna inside. She is been through a lot." Jonathan said emotionlessly from next to us which made me scrunch my face in confusion. Wasn't he supposed to be the happiest man on earth now that his mate was safe?

I softly unwrapped my hands from my baby sister and smiled at her encouragingly while she nodded at me with a small smile. Everyone who had gathered inside the pack house had already come out, congratulating and welcoming home all the warriors and my family.

"I know all of you need some answers and you all wish to welcome your future Luna home but I am gonna have to ask you to respect her privacy for now. Jenna needs to rest for a while. We will try and explain everything to you tomorrow." Jonathan stated simply and tugged Jenna with him towards the house without giving the pack members another glance.

"Thank you all for coming" Jenna squealed as Jonathan continued to drag her away from us. He wasn't being harmful, I could tell that he wasn't putting pressure on his grip on her but for some reason his hostility through us all off. Everyone kept on looking at each other confused by his unemotional behavior. Jonathan was one of the kindest people I knew and that's why I always believed he would be a great Alpha. His behavior was strange and so unlike him that I was sure something was up. Something had happened during this trip that had turned him so cold and cruel.