#14 - Day Fourteen and a Whole Lot of Hormones

[ You guyyyyysss
Ahhhhh I love you <3
I was really worried about publishing the last chapter haha. I thought 'oof, I'm gonna sound like an ass' when I pressed publish. I also expected lots of y'all to be disappointed in me for a) the direction I wanted to take the story and b) the lack of romance between [Y/n] and the boys. However y'all proved me wrong by being the lovely people that keeps this book going <33
Also~ people keep calling me 'author' and it's really scary, like isn't that reserved for people who are actually good at writing haha?? Just call me Socks xD ]

    A cold, wet flannel against her face, [Y/n] shut her eyes and hung her head over the basin in her en-suite bathroom. She removed the flannel and blinked water out of her eyes, staring at herself in the mirror. Her eyes had dark rings under them despite the amount of sleep she'd been getting. Maybe it was the effects from her blood being drained too many times? She didn't know.

    She rung out the flannel and placed it over the side of the bath to dry, wiping her face with a dry towel before pulling a shower robe over herself. Her hair was wet from the shower she'd just had and beads of water dripped from her hair and skin to the fragile marble floor below her feet. Tip. Tap. Tip. Tap.

    Sighing, the [h/c] haired female placed her left hand against the three bite marks on her neck, softly brushing her fingers over each in turn. 'This is my life now,' she thought to herself, her ears ringing. It was as though it'd taken these two weeks to really understand what was happening. 'This is how I'll spend the rest of my days.'

    [Y/n] moved her left hand to her face, her index finger touching the spot where the bridge of her nose and corner of her eye connect. 'I'll never see my parents again.'

    The pressure in which her finger touched her face increased slightly. 'I'll never see my friends again.'

    "Why do I feel..." she whispered quietly to herself, staring into the mirror as she lowered her left hand from her face and placed it against the cold ceramic basin, "why do I feel as though... as though something is about to go horribly wrong?"

    Someone sane might argue that something already had gone horribly wrong. She had been kidnapped and held hostage, assaulted several times. Yet, to [Y/n], this didn't seem a problem. Now that she thought about it, it was pretty messed up that she hadn't seemed to bat an eyelash at being kidnapped. All she'd thought about was that she was going to survive.

    "How narcissistic of me," she mumbled to herself.

    "Are you alright in there, [Y/n]?" a voice calls from the other side of the bathroom door. [Y/n] subconsciously pulled the robe closer to her skin and nodded. She hadn't realised her error until a chuckle sounded. "You just nodded, didn't you?" he said softly.

    "U-uh... yeah," [Y/n] said quietly. The handle pushed down, the door opening slowly so that [Y/n] would have the chance to warn him not to go in if she wasn't decent. Once the door was fully open, she was faced with a tall brunette with a slight blush on his pale face. [Y/n] stared blankly back at him.

    "Oh— uh, I can leave if you want?" Nyais smiled nervously, trying his hardest to keep his eyes on her face and not on the gaps the shower robe left. [Y/n] shrugged.

    "I don't care," she sighed. This caused Nyais' brow to furrow as he walked over to her in concern, his hand gently cupping her cheek. He bent his knees slightly to be face to face with her.

    "Hey, hey... what's up sweetheart?" he asked, his eyes riddled with worry.

    "You called me sweetheart when we first met," [Y/n] said quietly. "It sounded different when you said it just now." She stared past him somewhere, her eyes narrowing. "I shouldn't be here... I'm not supposed to be here. I'm supposed to be at home- n-no, I-it's a Monday, I should be on my way to school. I... I need to go now, Nyais... I have to see Sally and Tara," she whispered. She placed a hand to her right ear. "It's okay, though... I-if they never see me again, I mean. It's... it's not like they actually liked me. I was a coward to them... I wasn't cool to hang out with. I was... I was the weird one..."