#37 - Our Time Together

The staircase was long and the walk was dull as hell.  The only thing Seishin had to entertain him on his way up the wide spiral of madness was the agonised screams of Erel as he got mauled by five ravenous dogs.  Seishin let out a bored chuckle, though his attentions were so focused on the torture Erel was experiencing that he didn't even notice the approaching footsteps descending the staircase.

When the doctor he'd seen just before paused beside him, Seishin broke out of his manic trance and glanced over to him.  To be perfectly honest, Seishin had the urge to destroy Rayne for making [Y/n] cry, as amusing as the scene had been.  Her tears should only be shed for him.  Her emotions should only be shown to him.  Not Rayne.  And, on the subject of the strange doctor, Seishin took a moment longer to pick up on the scent of Nyais. 

"Why are you taking his stuff down here?" Seishin questioned, looking at the black bag slung over Rayne's shoulder.  Rayne locked eyes with Seishin and picked up on the malice that radiated off of the male in seconds.  He stared down the staircase.

"Though you struck me as a sadist, you didn't strike me as a murderer," Rayne mused, listening to Erel's screams.

"Why did you dodge the question?" Seishin pressed, his eyes narrowing.  Rayne glanced back up at him.  "Answer me."

"Am I obligated to?" Rayne questioned, before placing the bag down on the step.  "You forget your place, boy," he muttered, leaning against the stone wall.  "People treat you with fear and respect because you are a famous child.  Everyone here knows you, and you know hardly any of them.  You're strong, sure — in fact, you'd win a fight against many elites no problem... but you have no experience.  There are lots of people who want you dead, Seishin.  And if the king wasn't besotted with your father, you'd be a fucking pincushion."  He paused.  "We're quite similar, you know.  But the difference between us..." he tailed off and leaned forward, a smirk growing on his deranged face.  "I'm necessary.  You're not."

Seishin took a while to think of how he could respond.  He was bristling.  Rayne didn't move from his place against the wall, a taunting smirk still plastered on his face.  Livid, Seishin took a few steps towards the grinning man, though he halted when he felt a cold sensation against his throat.  Seishin looked down to see Rayne holding a scalpel to his skin.

"Didn't you hear me?  I said you have no experience," Rayne sighed, his expression nonchalant as he pressed the scalpel harder, a couple beads of blood forming along the scalpel's edge.  "Kaist will train you well no doubt; in fact he already has.  You're strong and capable, as I said..." he paused, "but you're pathetic."  Seishin held his tongue, though his pride formed insult after insult in his head for Rayne.  Still, he knew better than to voice them in his current situation.  Rayne let the scalpel drop and Seishin wiped the blood off his neck, frowning.

"Why have you never become an elite?" Seishin questioned, his eyes narrowed.

"If I were to challenge one, I would surely be killed," Rayne responded calmly, though Seishin wore a look of doubt on his face.  Rayne looked pretty capable to him.  "You should be careful, Seishin," he added.  "If you make too many enemies, you won't stand a chance either."  And with that, Rayne picked up his bag and continued to the dungeons.  Seishin glared after him.

Something weird was going on, though he didn't know if he wanted to stay to find out.  He shook his head; he needed to get back to [Y/n].  Thankfully he was near the top of the stairs at this point and it only took him around five more minutes to clear them.  Nodding to the guards at the door, he walked through the industrial corridors of this shit hole of a place and made his way back to the elite's halls, which were by far an improvement.  Finally arriving at their own home, he unlocked the door and locked it behind him.  He made a quick trip to the kitchen, preparing a couple of things (though simple as he wasn't the best at food), before quickly approaching his room.