Marsipan

The Southwoods Mall was bustling with teenagers looking for a way to spend their Saturday. Morton was 'baby-sitting' Wendy's clothes while she got them both some lunch.

There was a particularly beautiful fountain in the center of the mall on the first floor. It was very intricate and depicted King Bowser carrying Princess Peach bridal style.

Morton noticed a particularly noticeable girl by the fountain. She appeared to be lost but Morton ignored this feeling.

A few seconds later, he heard a loud splash followed by a scream. He turned his head in the direction of the chaos and saw that the the girl fell into the fountain. And 2 boys who were running away from the scene, laughing hysterically at their little prank.

Morton rushed over to help without thinking. "Wait...don't...stop-" She wheezed as he pulled her out of the fountain. She wheezed and coughed some more and then fell unconscious.

******

The girl frantically awoke with a gasp. "You okay?" Morton asked. The girl was startled by the voice, "W-who's there?" She asked frantically. Morton was confused, was he invisible? "M-Morton. Morton Koopa Jr." He replied.

"Morton?.....doesn't ring a bell. Are you the kind fellow who rescued me?" She asked."Yes." He nodded. She felt around when she got to him, started touching his face and arms.

"Mmm...strong arms but a chubby face...Sorry about this, I'm blind so I'm trying to visualize what you look like." She admitted.

"I'm Marsipan, by the way." She added. "When you pulled me out of the fountain, I thought you'd die. But obviously, you didn't..." She trailed off, astonished.

"Why Marsipan think that?" Morton asked. "Because I'm pretty hot, literally." She said, putting her finger in some water and a bit of steam arose from the cup."Not really right now though, I'm pretty cooled down now because I was submerged in water but soon, I'll be more charged up again." She explained.

"If Marsipan blind, doesn't Marsipan have seeing eye dog?" Morton asked her.

Marsipan leaped up, "You're right! Ooh my poor pooch, Chowder oh where, oh where could he be?" She sang playfully. She grabbed Morton's hands in her own, "Oh please Mr. Morton, will you help me find Chowder?" She asked, giving Morton the puppy dog eyes.

Morton sighed, "Sure, Morton will help Marsipan."

She squealed happily and gave him a hug, "Thank you, thank you, thank you so so much!"

"But first," Morton started, holding Marsipan's hand, "Safety first. Morton can't just let blind Marsipan run around on her own."

Marsipan cheeks flushed red at the sudden gesture but she nodded in agreement.

Morton and Marsipan spent the whole afternoon searching for Marsipan's lost pooch. They eventually found the little dog chewing on the severed leg of one of the kids who pushed her into the fountain, under the table Morton had been sitting at earlier that day.

When Chowder saw his owner approaching, he cheerfully ran up to her, showering her with puppy kisses.

She laughed and giggled. "Aww, I'm glad to see you too! You've been such a good boy!~" She cooed, scratching behind Chowder's ears.

Chowder ran off and fetched the severed leg. He placed it before his mistress and barked.

Morton felt sick when he saw it. "It looks like Chowder was trying to protect Marsipan when Chowder ran off." He said weakly.

Marsipan smiled, "Oh you're such a good boy, Chowder! Yes you are, yes you are!~" She cooed again, giving the puppers a treat.

She turned to Morton, " Thank you so much for...well...everything!" She laughed. "I can't thank you enough for your kindness!"

She looked at him a bit sheepishly. "Farewell." She whispered, before kissing Morton's cheek and running off with Chowder.

~~~~~~~~~

"Morton, where have you been?! You were supposed to be watching the clothes!" Wendy asked, worried about her brother's disappearance . Morton blushed sheepishly, "S-sorry Wendy. Morton had things to do."

Wendy sighed, "Alright. I'm just glad you're safe."

"Me too...." He trailed off.