11. No

Danny's POV

I woke up the next morning at 3 am to Ben pushing on my side and barking in my ear to get up.
"I... Don't... Wanna..." I groaned, trying to swat the annoying prick away.
"Danny you have to we have to finish packing and go meet that Bloke for the interview. " he grabbed my phone and walked off with it. "I'm keeping this till you can get up."
"Fuck... Ben! Give me my phone!"
"Get up, get dressed, and get packed, and then I will." With that, he walked out.
"Bloody hell... Its too early for this shit..." I climbed out of my warm bed and groaned. "Its fucking cold!!!" I called out. Ben laughed from the living room. I went to call him a fucking wanker but was stopped by a bout of coughs. I covered my mouth and reached for the tissue boxes. I could faintly hear Ben talking to someone in the living room. Probably the manager.. I tried to stifle my coughing so they wouldn't worry. I should be getting a call from the hospital today. Its just an infection... I threw a pair of jeans and a Blue Oyster Cult tee onto the bed, then hopped into the shower.

Ben's POV

I hurried out of Danny's room and flopped onto the couch. A half-eaten bowl of frosted flakes sat on the coffee table. I picked it up and began to shovel the soggy cereal into my mouth when Danny's phone rang. I planned on answering and bringing it to Danny. That's what I planned on. But when I answered...
"Hello, this is Betty Foster from Los Angeles Medical Hospital. Is Mr. Worsnop there?"
"Uh... Yes." I answered, dumfounded. He went to the hospital??
"Hello Mr. Worsnop. We have received the results of your test. Would you like to come in and review them with your doctor?"
"Um.. I can't. I'm leaving the country this afternoon." What the hell Danny?!
"If its more convenient, I can connect you to Dr. Andrews right now. "
"Uh yes... That would be great." The line cut and I found myself tapping my foot, inpatient and nervous.
"Hello, Mr. Worsnop. This is Dr. Andrews. I've gotten your test results back and... They're not good. I suggest you sit down."
"What is it?" I resisting the urge to panic now.
"You have cancer in your lungs and liver. I'm very sorry, but we predict you have two years to live. We can try chemotherapy but its unlikely that it will cure you at this stage."
No... No.. Nonononono.....
"Mr. Worsnop?" I hung up. He's lying... Danny can't die... No no no.. I could hear Danny in the shower, humming along to a song on his iPod. No... You can't... I... No.. And then I was crying. Sobs racked my entire body as I cried. I love you... How could you do this to yourself... Damn it Danny... God damn it...