18 | Bites The Dust

Later that night we fly back home for a month break in the tour. My mother was kind enough to watch Felix for a week so I would have a small break. I wanted to sleep in for the day but Roger was determined to drag me along to the studio. "Rog, I love being around when you all are in the studio, but I just want to stay home in bed." I whine spreading my body out of the bed. "Get dressed and let's go! I want to do the same as you but I have work." He slaps my butt making me get out of bed.

"Alice, nice for you to join us

"Alice, nice for you to join us." Brian smiles as Roger drags me into the room. "I wanted to stay home and sleep in." I glare at Roger as he goes to sit on the sofa. "Ouch, you don't care to hang out with me and Deaky anymore." Brian puts his hand over his heart making me smile. "He's right Alice. Ever since you got with Roger you forgot about us." Deaky adds making me walk over to him and hug him. "I'm sorry, I miss hangout with you guys." I pull Brian into a hug too. "You know what? I'm sure Chrissie won't mind if I steal you for a few days. I miss my best friend." Brian shakes me in his arms kissing the top of my head.

"You aren't stealing my wife!" Roger points at us. "I agreed, Bri. How about we just run off for a few days with Alice." Deaky jokes wrapping his arms around me too. "EXCUSE ME! SHE'S MINE!" Roger runs over to us pulling me out of their grip carrying me over to the sofa. "I have some news." Jim says walking over to the table. "Fred fired Reid last night." He says upset and the guys get pissed especially Roger. Fucking Paul... I told John not to do it.

While Deaky explains the new song he wrote, I get up and go stand next to Jim. "I knew this was going to happen." I whisper so he'll only hear me. "You knew?" He asks looking at me. "Before you walked up to him and Paul... Paul told Reid to talk Fred into going solo. I guess that pissed off Fred." I say as he takes his papers out. "I never liked Paul." He smiles at me and I pat his back. "Same, I think he's trying to control Fred." I say before going back to sit in the sofa.

"We're a rock and roll band. We don't do disco." Roger tells Deaky still pissed off about the news. "It's not disco." Deaky says not going to fight about it. "Then what is it?" Brian now jumps in. "It's Queen." He says as Fred starts to speak from the booth. "You fired Reid without consulting us! You don't make decisions for the band." Roger stands up from the sofa and Brian walks over to him, "Hey." He says trying to keep Rog calm.

"Well, I'm terribly sorry, dear. It's done. Besides... Miami will manage us." Fred says walking over to Jim. Paul looks over at me with a slight smile and I glare at him. "Are you high again?" Brian asks and I decide to stand up walking up behind him and Roger. "Well done, Columbo." He says not caring. "You need to slow down, Fred." I say putting both my hands on Bri and Rog's shoulders. "Oh, don't be such a bore. I'm here, aren't I?" He says making me roll my eyes. "Are you?" Roger asks removing my hand off his shoulder taking it into his hand.

"I don't care if you're shit-faced. As long as you can sing." Deaky says handing everyone the music sheet. "No, John, I don't want wanna play it." He says as Deaky walks away. "I'm all for it." Fred looks at the sheet. "What is that supposed to mean?" Roger asks making Paul chuckle and I turn my head to look at him. "I'm tired of the bloody anthems. I want the energy in the clubs. The bodies, I want to make people move." Fred says and Brian talks, "You mean disco?"