4 | Just Getting Started

Over the past year the band has been selling out gigs at all the pubs. We all have built this stronger friendship, but with Roger always going out with new girls. Our friendship is the weakest I would say between me and all the guys. After two weeks with John we clicked instantly and we joke around all the time. At the moment the four of us were on our way to pick up Freddie.

"Why can't we take turns in the front seat?" I ask leaving my seat to talk to Brian. "Because it's our van." He smiles at me and I hit him. "Fine, I like being with John over you two anyways." I stick my tongue out going back to my spot. "Lies, you love me more." Brian looks back at me and I cross my arms. "Nope, not anymore." I smile at him and he grabs my arm pulling me to the front into his lap as we stop to pick up Fred. "You're late." He says walking up to the van. "Sorry that was my fault. We had to stop because I had to pee." I smile as he gets in the back and I sit back there too. "Well then, darling. It's alright." He smiles at me.

After being on the road for sometime, we had to pull over to fix the tyre

After being on the road for sometime, we had to pull over to fix the tyre. "This is bollocks!" I hear Roger complain as I watch John try to fix the tyre. "It's counterclockwise, I think you'll find, John." Brian tells him, who was struggling. "Oh is it? Thank you, Brian. Would you like to do it? Please, feel free." He says making me laugh. "No, no, no. Doing a good job." Brian puts his hands up and I walk over to him leaning into his chest. "We sold out every pub and uni south of Glasgow... and I'm stuck in the middle of nowhere, eating a ham sandwich." Roger continues to complain causing me to look at him and snuggle into Brian's left side. "Trouble is, we're just not thinking big enough. "What you got in mind, Fred?" Brian asks him as I move away from him.

"An album

"An album." He says like it was nothing big. "We can't afford an album." Deaky says not looking at anyone. "Oh, we'll find away. How much do you think we can get for this van?" Fred asks and me and Brian look at Roger. "I hope you're joking." He says with his mouth full and Fred looks at him, "No Mate." He says and I see Roger turning red. "Come on Roger, lets walk for a minute." I take my hand into his walking the opposite way from the group. "That's my van." He points back at it making me move my arm with his. "I know, I know. Just breathe and eat your ham sandwich." I giggle patting his back. "Want a bite?" He shoves his sandwich in my face. "Why not?" I take a bite of it.