Chapter 1: The Guild

Kisa

The last drop of crimson red puddled at his fingertips. I no longer winced from the pain of his syringe despite my fear of those infamous needles. My body had become numb from the countless hours I stood on the cold-earthy ground. Even my eyes, as they met his, were stripped of emotion. "I know you're tired, but this must be done," he smiled, placing the vials he collected in the fridge. I simply responded with a  practiced-nod. "Your contribution has proven to be pivotal to my research. Soon, we'll no longer have to hide."

"Yes, father."

My name is Kisa

My name is Kisa.

And that's all I know.

Everything before is locked away... somewhere I cannot reach... somewhere dark, broken, and undefined.

For the past 12 years, the only memories I hold are those I made with my adoptive family

For the past 12 years, the only memories I hold are those I made with my adoptive family. At the age of seven, I vaguely remember stumbling in front of their home before I blacked out. The moment my eyes opened, I watched as my future mother and father leaned over me with worried expressions. From that day forward, I became the newest addition to the Cagnacci household. I was raised well, fed a tremendous amount of both food and love, and given all the best experiences every child should have. I felt as if my life was as close to perfection as one could desire.

But...

We all change at some point.

Physically and mentally, my entire body underwent some of the most grueling alternations that every child must go through as they proceed towards adulthood. However... such a transition can be painful, especially if --

You're a caster.

Out of all five of the Cagnacci children, I was the only one to acquire the ability to wield magic. It's not necessarily a rare ability, but rather, an uncommon one. Casters develop their powers around the age of 15 and are often encouraged to join a Guild to learn more about their magic. Many novice Casters are eager to start their new journey once they first learn of their ability.