Chapter 8: And so... He Arrives.

Seto

I waved my hand to dismiss him, but he stood by my chair with a stern expression painted across his face. He was on to me. "Why can't I see her?"

"Who? The Nanny?" I scoffed, shuffling papers around to hide any trace of weakness.

"You know who I mean. Your daughter." His last word dropped in a darker tone.

"She's terribly ill. I cannot have you near her."

I stepped beside him in an attempt to escape, but his hand lurched in front of me slamming across the metal wall. "It's not right to keep her cooped up like that. At least let me take her to a physician."

"She's my daughter. I will determine how to deal with her."

"'Deal with her'? She's not some nuisance. She's --"

"None of your concern," I added briskly, shoving his hand aside as I ducked around the corner. I could feel his gaze burning into my back as I closed the door behind me. I knew that I had to be more careful around him.

I will never let him take away my only chance to prove my worth.

???

"You asked to see me, sir?"

"Ah! Yes, come closer."

Seto looked down on me, holding a moistened cherry between his fingers from a martini glass. His long fingers were covered in a thick, silky glove and a gold ring around the thumb and a sickly grin spread across that merciless face of his. "Your old friends... It seems that one of my Black Holes decided to pay them a little visit this morning."

"I see. But, why have you summoned me?"

"Why, what other chance would we have to finish them off in such a weak state?"

I anticipated he would play this dirty game. "I understand, sir."

"Ah! And... bring the black-haired one to me."

"Who would that be?" I asked, clearly aware of his intentions.

"Her name is Kisa... I think she would be useful."

"As you wish."

"Oh and... why don't you... introduce them to your... new friends?"

"You want me to bring the Fallen Clan with me?"

"Only a few though. I'm sure 50 or so should do the trick. They had so much trouble facing one," he cackled, swirling his glass in anticipation.

"I understand, sir."

"Perfect."