19: Hurt

Last chapters will be uploaded later this week.

Enjoy guys.

~

I didn’t say a word as I was seated in the back of the black car. I was sat between two Swedish guards who both looked straight ahead. Felix was sat opposite me and kept smirking at me every time I met his eyes.

It didn’t too long before the car stopped again and I was walking towards a mansion. There were numerous guards around. Each one was armed to the teeth.

I walked behind Felix as we walked through the main doors and down a long hall. The place looked very new and modern. It looked like they hadn’t been here for too long.

I was soon pushed into an empty room and the door locked behind me. I turned around and pointed daggers using my eyes at the door. They didn’t need to be so rough.

“I was beginning to wonder where you were.”

I turned my body around to see my father stood next to the window looking out with his back to me.

“But then again, I trust Felix more than my own daughter.” He turned to face me. His once loving eyes were dark with anger.

“What are you going to do to them?”

“I left Felix to do what he wants with Dax and Lawrence. I think they deserve what he will do.”

“You’re the devil. Because you are a monster.”

“And you’re the devil’s daughter Isabella. They will die and when they do. We will finally be rid of the moons.”

I moved towards him.

I want to hit him.

I wanted to hurt me like how he would hurt me after this.

My father was too quick. He held my arms and pressed me against the wall.

“Just think Isabella, we can finally move on from this war if they die!”

“No!” I moved my arms to push him off me but I stopped as his left hand moved.

I gasped as his left hand wrapped around my throat and he squeezed. The air left my lungs as he was choking me, denying me of my oxygen. I clawed at his hand to try and breathe again.

“They are our enemy, they always will be.” He squeezed my neck tighter. “Their family have killed your own family members over the years going back generations and you don’t seem to care.”

I wrapped my hands around his wrist to try and pull his hand away but it wasn’t working.

“Your mother seemed very upset with the news I gave her about your own betrayal,” his eyes darkened as he watched me struggle. “Don’t worry, you will see her soon.”

My hands started to unwrap around his wrist as I was fading away from my consionous.

“They will die Isabella, and you will be the first to see it when you wake up.”

They were the last words I heard before my world went black.

~

Dax

Pain.

I was used to it now so it never fazed me but there were times it hurt like hell.

Today was that day.

I had been beaten by Felix’s thugs countless times since coming to this compound. I had lost count of the number of times. I imagined my face was bruised and cut. My muscles ached in the places I was punched and kicked.

After it all I didn’t care.

All I cared about was getting to Isabella before anything happened. I had no idea what Wayne was doing to her. I knew he would have but him but nothing like my own beatings.

The door to my cell opened and Felix stood there with the thugs who beat me.

“Time has run out,”

“Let’s get this over with then.” I hissed.

I knew what is happening. They were going to kill me.

I wish I could say I have had a good life so far but I really haven’t. I was born into the mafia and have lived the mafia life since.

The only good thing from my life is Isabella.

It’s always going to be Isabella.

One of the thugs pushed me into a room and closed the door behind me. I made a face at the room I was in. It looked like another cell. I walked towards the wall on the other side and pressed my back against it.

Maybe they were going to kill me some cruel way.

I probably will deserve this death.

The door opened in front of me and Wayne walked inside followed by Isabella. My eyes widened as I saw her neck was bruised. It was black and blue.

I wanted to kill him.

“I would hate to lose a child,” Wayne stated as he took in the centre of the room. Isabella stood behind him with her right hand covering the bruises on her neck. “But Joel will deserve this.”

I wanted to shout at Wayne, telling him he was killing the sirens for what he is doing but I couldn’t. He was too far gone.

Wayne pulled out a handgun and turned to give it to Isabella. She shook her head and took a step back.

“If you do not do this, I will give word to Felix to kill Lawrence and Ella.” His hand tightened around the gun. “Make your choice.”

Her eyes looked at me for the first time since she walked into the room. They were filled with pain and sadness as she looked at me.

Her hand held the gun in her left hand. She looked down at the gun as it could tell her what to do but only she had the choice now.

Kill me or my siblings will die.

She lifted the gun and aimed it at me. She aimed where my heart was beating.

I didn’t stop looking at her. I kept eye contact with her.

“Fais ce que tu as à faire. (Do what you have to do.)” I said in a low voice.

Her bottom lip wobbled at my words.

She understood my words.

She knew what I had said.

Her fingers touched the trigger and she kept her hand steady as she held the gun. Her eyes narrowed as her finger began to pull the trigger.

She held her breath and pulled the trigger.

The gunshot rang out as she fired at her target.

The last thought in my voice was that everything will change now as blood began to spill.